cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP UI to PI error 'Error getting response; jave.net.ConnectException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to post a SOAP message using SOAP UI to my PI QA server but seems SOAP UI is unable to connect to the server. I am getting the following error,

'Error getting response; jave.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out:connect'

I did the following steps,

1. I took the WSDL from the Sender Agreement.

2. Added the WSDL to my SOAP UI and provided my credentials and sent the message.

The SOAP UI is sending the message to Development server but the QA server is giving this error. I am unsble to see any messages in the communication channel also. Please advice what sould be the issue.

Many thanks,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

click on the end point URL for your request and use the option 'edit current' to set new ones

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that. I changed the server name with IP address and also with the sever name http address but with no luck.

Do you know how to check the latest URL that is set for the sever. I can use that one.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

better load the new WSDL (generated from ID) again as a new project in SOAP UI and test it.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should have ideally got the end URL from the application system.

if you are able to open the URL from IE one thing can be confirmed that there are no n/w issues preventing the connection.

In SOAP UI once you change the end point, you should ideally be able to test it.

Confirm if you are able to access the URL outside of SOAP UI itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can open the URL in IE in the Remote desktop which I use, however I am not able to open in my normal desktop. I am using SOAP UI from my normal desktop.

However for Development I am able to send the request from my normal desktop. So unable to come to a conclusion where the problem is.

Regards,

Vijay.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I can open the URL in IE in the Remote desktop which I use, however I am not able to open in my normal desktop. I am using SOAP UI from my normal desktop.

Couple of reasons:

a) See you have firewall issues from your destop to QA box whereas in development might not ... so you are able to access dev without issues

b) Make sure you edit the WSDL and point the right QA URL and port of PI . You can search in WSDL location soap:address location and see your wsdl reference QA PI box URL including port.

Hope that helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in SOAP UI, we can edit the end point URL and post the message to PI server. I think, the same thing is happening in your case

It doesnt matter what WSDL SOAP UI tool loads for different operations. It will always matters with the end point URL. by default, it will take from when WSDL loaded into SOAP UI. If somebody, edits the end point URL then it will post the message to the new URL. of course, the SOAP UI tool doesnt change the original WSDL with new end point URL.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Jul 5, 2011 3:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I took the latest WSDL and loaded it into my UI and without changing any end point just sent the message. I did the same thing for Development and it is working. Any idea what could be the problem.