Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the template for Test Case Description

former_member228464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Greetings...

In one of my projects, I want to customize the template provided by the SAP in test case description.

We can add test case description while creating Manual Test Case (Tx: STWB_TC), Test Script and Test Configuration (Tx: SECATT)

I want ot update the default template with the custom template.

We had tried to update the same in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN --> select Project --> Project Standard --> Project Templates --> Documantation Types, selected TD1, Test Case Description of Complete Directory of Document Types and using Document Template --> Change and Import we tried to update the template. In the document type, it has been changed but it is not reflecting in the other transactions.

Please help me in this regard to update the test case description.

Thanks in Advance

Saman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228464
Participant

The template is stored in the table DOKTL with documentation type TX, object TEMPLATE_CATE, language EN

Update the last version...

thats it

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuthubus,

Could you be helpful here ,if you found out the solution for this,i have same issue .Please answer.

Best Regards,

Mukta

former_member228464
Participant
0 Kudos

The template is stored in the table DOKTL with documentation type TX, object TEMPLATE_CATE, language EN

Update the last version...

thats it

former_member228464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

More information about the issue....

We are creating the test scripts both manual and automated.

Manual

Using the Tx. STWB_TC, we are creating the manual test cases. While doing so we will provide the test case desctiption

Automated ECATT

using the Tx. SECATT, we are creating the Test Configuration. We are providing description through the documentation option.

The SAP format for both documents is

&DESCRIPTION& 

&PREPARATION&

&ENTRANCE&

&REALIZE&

&CHECK&

&FURTHER_HINTS& 

But we want the format to be

<DESIGNSTEPS>

<INPUTDATA>

<EXPECTEDRESULT>

<TARGETSYSTEM>

So we want to update the format / template to reflect the changes.

Please guide us to do so.

Thanks and Regards

Saman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When facing general problems with the document templates, the report SOLAR_DOCTYPE_TEMPLATE_CLEANUP helps a lot, it'll check every template to check and correct corrupted entries. It could help in this case.

Kind regards,

Fabricius

former_member228464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Thank you for your suggestion.

When the report is executed, the Test Case Description has been updated in the Project Documentation of SOLAR01 / SOLAR02.

But I need to update the template for the Test Case Description in STWB_TC and SECATT (Test Configuration)

Please provide suggestions for updating the template.

Thanks and Regards

Kuthubus Saman Abdul Hameed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you need to go for the template test plan options please check this [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/4c/4c7232c2a345e3b34c1e4ef843cabd/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/4c/4c7232c2a345e3b34c1e4ef843cabd/content.htm]

Thanks,

Jansi