cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Hierarchy Data

0 Kudos

We have a requirement in which we need to delete mass records with the help of import manager.

We are able to delete the records manually by giving the default import action as DELETE in the Matching Tab in matching destination Source. But that we have to do record by record.

Can we set the default import action as DELETE from somewhere.

As in our case in the default import action pane only "Create,skip,update mapped fields,replace " options can be given.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think theres any logical way to do that from the IM ...

u can do a mass update (delete) from data manager in the Hierarchy mode

(provided they are not linked to records)

thanks

-Adrivit

0 Kudos

Is it possible from DM, when we have to delete some of the values in between hierarchies and not the whole structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ranjeet

you can delete a Hierarchy table node/record from Data Manager(one by one and should not be done in masss) when following 2 conditions are met-

1. There are no child nodes assigned to this.

2. There are no records assigned to this hierarchy node.

This can not be done from Import manager.

Thanks-Ravi

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement to delete the hierarchy data (considering all the requirements like only child node can be deleted and all) in mass.

Is there any work around possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ranjeet,

You can try doing this with help of Data Manager.As you said there are no leaf nodes on this entry,there can be 2 approaches:

1.In Data Manager select the Hierarchy value you want to delete,the result of this will be "n" number of records.

Take a excel output of these records from data manager,now you have the list of records you have to delete and reimport.

Delete these records from Data manager,and delete that node of hierarchy.Now can reimport the records you have in excel from ERP system.

2.Select all records in data manager,click on Hierarchy table in record details section,hit delete button.

This should delink the entire Hierarchy values for all record in the repository.

Now it should allow you to delet the node you want to but now you have to reimport the entire main table data,so that the Hierarchy table data is linked to main table data and also is populated.

I would suggest you to try the former method.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi, for the suggestions.

A very simple idea comes to my mind that we may have a boolean field in hierarchy table and whenever we want to delete the data we may set this field through IM and perform deletion from DM.

What do you say.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in short you want to update the data which has that entry(which you wish to delete) to some other value.

Great that sounds gud,the only challenge i see is the source preparation if we do through IM.

If say we have a 1000 entries we can do this by running assignment also,what do you say?

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (0)