cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system refersh PRD to SANDBOX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

we are planning to system refresh through offline backup restore from Tape drive. we don't have downtime so we have to restore backup. for this pls guide me briefly.

Thanks

YR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use backup/restore method of system copy. Same you can check from system copy guide.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandbox is already installed and here i have to restore DB (oracle) only from Tape drive.

For this just guide me for control file that i need to generate in PRD server or not? if yes then we need to down d sap or not?

Thanks

YR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yograj

You can use the latest usertrace file which will have all the directory locations of the system.

Ensure you have similar kind of drives on SANDBOX if its windows like if you have drives on PRD as C,D,E,F where oracle data files were located then you need to have similar drive mapping on SANDBOX.

If its UNIX all you need to do is delete all the lines before STARTUP NOMOUNT and change the

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "SID " NORESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG to CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "SID" NORESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG

Save the file as .sql file and run it from sqlplus prompt.

It should create the control file.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek

Sandbox is installed now i have to DB refresh only. PRD DB (oracle) backup is under the tape drive and i have restore that only i can't go for PRD server side. I have to manage all the thing through PRD backup only. Guide me for this DB refersh through Tape drive. My landscape is ECC6.0, oracle 10.2.4 on windows.

Thanks

YR