Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available budget goes negative even AVAC active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Please guide for folowing scenario:

In one of WBS budget goes to negative even AVAC is active for that project.I have run CJEN then CJBN but no changes in assigned value of CJ30.In line item report CJI3,CJI5 there is no cost element exempt for AVAC.

What could be the reason.

Thanks & Regards

Nitin A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I have come across such problems before in my organization and the reason that I was able to identify was the automatic accrual system within the SAP. Let me elaborate this further:

Assume you have a project ABC with Rs. 100 budget in fiscal year 2011 only (i.e. no budget in any other fiscal year). Now you make a commitment of Rs. 25 in fiscal year 2011 which the system will allow as budget is available. Now when you try to post this commitment (GR etc.) in fiscal year 2012 the system allows you to do this.

This is a unique functionality in SAP as the budget is checked at commitment level and the system assumes that you will perform the post actions (budget carry forward) timely so that budget reports do not get affected. I have posted this with SAP itself and got the same reply. The system allows for automatic accrual assuming that the committed budget of previous fiscal year will be brought forward.

I hope this helps you with your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please elaborate, how automatic accrual will create negative budget..?

Thanks

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

By negative budget I am assuming that the remaining budget becomes negative.

As mentioned in my example, if you have zero budget in the next fiscal year and actuals are posted due to a commitment made in the current year...the system does the accrual and allows the posting to be done in the next fiscal year without budget check. The best practice would suggest to perform CJCF (commitment carry forward) and then CJCO (budget carry forward) before posting the actuals (GR/IR), however the system lets it execute assuming we will perform the same procedure afterwards. If you were to then look into report S_ALR_87013558 (or any other budget report showing remaining budget) the remaining budget column will show a negative value.

Hope this calrifies the query.

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly go through SAP Note :1534265

Regards

Nitin A

Former Member
0 Kudos