cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding problem in call-back to hook URL (post parameters)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm encountering a character encoding problem while retrieving the content of the shopping basket from one of our provider.

After the POST request is made by the provider to our system using the hook url, when debbuging I can see that some special characters are represented with the sign '#' (after the call the ITS_IMPORT_CONTEXT).

In our case using the parameter http_content_charset with various values, including UTF-8, did not change the result.

Inspecting the HTTP traffic has highlighted the following: the encoding received from the provider is related to UTF-8, but while we are expecting the hexadecimal values, we are receiving the "Unicode code points", which are not recognized by our SAP system. For more details look at the UTF-8 encoding table found here and compare the values under column "Unicode code point" with the one under column "UTF-8 (hex.)".

As an example, for the character 'é', we are receiving the value "%E9" (the code point) instead of receiving the the hexa value : "%C3%A9".

Do you have any idee if this can be corrected on our side or if the provider must addapt the way it's sending the POST parameters?

Many thanks in advance for you help.

Best regards,

Jerome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

If the data being sent from the application does not contain the correctly encoded data then you should revert to the catalog provider and tell then what format you expect the data in, or format your receiving application to acept and interpret the encoding the vendor is sending.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Indeed I had contacted the provider and informed them about the encoding problem and the fact that passing the parameter http_content_charset had no effect on the sent back encoding.

They have taken into account my request and have changed the encoding used during the request to the HOOK_URL.

Thanks to all of your for your help.

Regards,

Jerome.

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

you can specify the format of the catalog in the field "Codepage of the Service" in the definition of the codepage.

Did you add the OCI parameter BYPASS_INB_HANDLER X to you call structure? In that case you might remove the X from the parameter.

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your answer.

In fact we are not realy using SAP SRM but have implemented our own solution (an home made ITS service).

So standard customizing will not help in this case.

Do you think it could be related to the OCI version used by the catalog?

Thanks,

Jerome.

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jeorme,

I don't think this is related to the OCI version involved. It is related to the encoding of the data you get.

BTW, OCI version 4.0 has been around since 2003, so many people only really know that version.

Best Regards,

Marcus