cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing server nodes from EP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have added two server nodes to my portal server i.e server1 and server2, after successful testing it was removed and server was left with only one default server node i.e server0.

Now as per requirement i am adding new server node to this server but it takes as Server3 although server 1 and server2 does not exists any more.

I have deleted corresponding folders of server1 and server2 from usr/sap/xxxxxx.

Please suggest what needs to be done to reflect new server node as server1 in place of server3.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cathal_ohare
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most likely there is still a reference to the server1 and 2 in the database, you can check this via the offlineconfigtool via the cluster_data. (carefull when editing anything here though).

Kind regards,

Cathal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent!!!

So i need to delete the server1 and server2 entry from cluster_data < server in config tool and then add fresh node.

Do i need to do any other setting apart from this?

Regards

Vinit

cathal_ohare
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, once you browse to cluster_data -> server you should see extra server nodes ending with XXX51 and XXX52, change to edit mode and only delete these folders. Then switch the configtool back to normal mode and add a server. That should solve the issue.

Kind regards,

Cathal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you restarted server after deleting server nodes ? If not, please restart the server then add new server node. It will work.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have restarted the server after deleting server node......then added other server node but server1 and server2 position is reserved in past and new server node is by default taking server3.

Do i need to delete some entry from OS level?

I have deleted unsed folder server1 and server2 from usr/sap/xxxxxxx manually.

Regards

Vinit