cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Browser when testing webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I use the Test-Menu-Entry from the SPGUI-SE80 transaction to start my developed webdynpro application, SAPGUI allways starts the MS Internet Explorer to display my application. But I want to use the Google Chrome Browser instead!!!!! (Note: I have Firefox as Standard Browser, but the IE is used by SAPGUI)

How can I change this???

Greetings

Bernd

Edited by: bguenthe on Jul 5, 2011 10:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

bwills
Contributor
0 Kudos

I know this thread is really old, but I'd thought I'd share what I found.

Background - My PC, via SE80 was displaying my WedDynpro application in an Edge popup, but then I received a new PC at work and it started using IE.

Solution - The fix is related to this SAP Note: https://me.sap.com/notes/2913405 (SAP Note 2913405). In SAPGui 7.7 you can choose either IE or Edge as your default browser. At the SAPGui logon screen (where you choose your client) go to the SAPGui Options (top left), navigate to "Interaction Design ==> Control Settings". In Browser Control choose: Edge (based on Chromium) from the dropdown and click OK.

Close any open clients and log back in. This will now used Edge when you Test your WebDynpro applications from SE80.

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brend ,

Please try this ...

Go to internet explorer-settings and remove it as you default browser and make google chrome-setting as your default browser ..

It worked for me .. let me know if it works for you

Regards,

Bharathi

0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

web dynpro app - google chrome as default browser | SCN

I tried changing the value of detachurlinbrowser field in FEATURES_TAB internal table, it works for me.

Place of Breakpoint : Class - CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES method - CHECK_GUI_SUPPORT line - 281.

Thanks

Ananda

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, but none of the decribed methods in the links will work.

Bernd

Szczerbowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Why don't you just bookmark the url, and reuse it?

I don't think it changes if you don't change the name of the app.

Former Member
0 Kudos