Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade problem - Netweaver 7.3 Upgrade

bulent_kul
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading nw 7.0 to 7.3 our platform is windows 2008 R2 x64 and oracle 11.2G. We have an error on the phase of DETERMINE_USAGE_COMPONENTS.

An error has occurred during the execution of the DETERMINE_USAGE_COMPONENTS phase.

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DevelopmentSupportRequiredException: Assertion failed for (Usage 'sap.com/MI cannot be found in the mapping) at com.sap.sdt.util.diag.SDT.check(SDT.java:37). com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DevelopmentSupportRequiredException: Assertion failed for (Usage 'sap.com/MI cannot be found in the mapping) at com.sap.sdt.util.diag.SDT.check(SDT.java:37)

As you can see in the error message "sap.com/MI cannot be found", but we are not using MI, is threre any option to disable MI usage.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For anyone considering applying this solution, here is the note confirming this solution is accurate.

Note 1407471 - Release Restrictions for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 - Mobile

Hope this helps!

Good luck with the rest of your upgrade,

Yannick C.

stefan_schneider
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I though the issue was solved after undeploying the affected SCA via SDM - so I closed SAP ticket.

But unfortunately it wasn't, I got the error again, and can check in

http://<host>:5$$00/utl/UsageTypesInfo the the bloody MI is still in.

SAP asked me to send table BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS, this is the one containing info about usage types (and MI is in there). Actually I'm waiting for an answer from them.

I hope deleting the MI record from this table may solve the problem but I want to get confirmation from SAP about that.

Did you have any news in the meantime (I was in vacation so I couldn't do something) ...

Stefan

stefan_schneider
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas and Bulent,

The issue is solved by deleting the record from the table:

db2 => select part_name,is_configured from sapsr3db.BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS

PART_NAME IS_CONFIGURED

-

AAS 1

AS 1

PI 1

MI 0

4 record(s) selected.

This would be the delete command:

db2 => delete from sapsr3db.BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS where part_name='MI'

Then repeat the complete configuration phase and this phase is running properly - next issue raised up soon but independent from this

Regards

Stefan

jordan_vassilev
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Deleting/undeployig components and UsageTypes is not supported if not advised within SAP note or other official documentation. Be careful following this recommendation. Better open an SAP support message before applying the above.

Regards,

Jordan

stefan_schneider
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same issue with an XI3.0/NW7.00 to a NW7.3 upgrade.

Somehow the MI use case is in but never used. I tried to get rid off by SDM/Undeploy and was successful with a lot of the entries - but at the end two entries stayed in and all info in .../monitoring/ComponentInfo stayed as before. No chance to get rid off!

Anyone any further ideas or proposals how to progress? Parallel I have opened a SAP ticket, no answer yet; nothing found in SAP net yet except this conversation ...

Thanks for any hint

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I just got stuck on the same issue with upgrading a NW 7.0 BI System (SEM-BW) in two steps.

1. Upgrade with EHPI to EHP1 and

2. Upgrade to NW 7.3 BW including SEMBW.

Did you get a reply by SAP in the meantime or else found a workaround for this error?

Is there any way of deactivating usage types.

Thanks

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me there is no Java Components in MI of 7.3.

Hence when you are upgrading from 7.0 to 7.3, you have to undeploy the MI Components from SDM and continue with the upgrade.

Please let me know if the info was useful.

Regards,

Satish Dhanalakoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

thank you for your solution. Yes, you are correct, there is no Java Components in MI of 7.3.

I have undeployed MI components using SDM (To find which sub-components are present under a main component MI, check JSPM tool under “Deployed Components” tab.).

Then waited for some time until the MI component disappears from this link:

http://<hostname>:5<insatnce no>00/utl/UsageTypesInfo (URL is case sensitive)

(No need to delete the record from sapsr3db.BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS)

Then generated a new XML file in Solman system by sending data from SLD. It worked.

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for infotrmation - To find the sub-components under NWMADMIN, NWMDRIVERS... select the tab SDM Repository in SDM tool.

Regards,

Mohan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can uninstall these packages if you are not using it. Then you can continue with upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny

bulent_kul
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your answer.

This package is not installed.

Best regards.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please run below URL and let us know what all usage type installed on your system.

http://<hostname>:5<insatnce no>00/utl/UsageTypesInfo (URL is case sensitive)

Thanks

Sunny

bulent_kul
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Information about active Usage Types

UTL version

Active Usage Types

Product Name UT Code Short Name Description

SAP NetWeaver 2004s MI MI Mobile Infrastructure

SAP NetWeaver 2004s BI BI Java BI Java

SAP NetWeaver 2004s AS AS Java Application Server Java

SAP NetWeaver 2004s DI DI Development Infrastructure

SAP NetWeaver 2004s EPC EP Core Enterprise Portal Core Components

SAP NetWeaver 2004s EP EP Enterprise Portal

How to uninstall MI?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are the packages for MI usage type:

|FILE NAME |DESCRIPTION

|NWMADMIN*_.SCA |MI ADMINISTRATION 7.00

|NWMWDLAP*_.SCA |MI LAPTOP 7.00

|NWMDRIVERS*_.SCA |MI DRIVERS 7.00

|NWMCLIENT*_.SCA |MI CLIENT 7.00

I am not sure whether you can uninstall MI usage type or not. You can check with SAP for same.

Thanks

Sunny