cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run test plan script in SAP TAO

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have SAP TAO 2.0.4.3 and we use concurrent licences . Now when I do self test I get warning " The Quick Test Pro application could not be found. Install this software if you need to execute Quality Center tests and component scripts, on this machine." .

My desktop is xp sp3 . Because of above , I am unable to run my test scripts . I am able to record scripts . Can anyone please help ?

When I click quick time professional , everytime it asks to install licence "Unable to connect to licence server " . Then I have to click install licence --> concurrent licence , give IP of licence server and finish . However when I do self test in TAO above warning again comes ...what should we do ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you installed the necessary Add-Ins?

Add-In QTP for QC, Add-In SAP for QTP etc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you install QTP in your system, go to My Computer and right click and select ' Enviornment Variables' and check below values are populating if not ,declare following values:

Variable Name: LSHOST

variable value: your server name

Variable Name: LSERVRC

Variable Value: C:\ProgramData\HP\Functional testing\License\lservrc (your path)

I hope it will resolve your problem.

-Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for delay in reply ...I was on holiday ...The error is still there .. Please let me know where are these addins ....apart from this I get fllowing errors

Now in self check SAP-TAO I get following warning and error

Warning

The Quick Test Pro application could not be found. Install this software if you need to execute Quality Center tests and component scripts, on this machine

Errr

Scripting support is not enabled in the satellite system. See notes 692245 and 480149.

Self-check "Satellite system scripting enabled" failed.

How do we correct this ...

NPB

Former Member
0 Kudos

For enable scripting, please contact your basis team to enable 'scripting satellite system' that is your ECQ system. They will know how to do that.

Once they enable, you go to enabled system and in the application menu bar,

Click on u2018Customize local layout (Alt +F12) u2013 > Options -> Then go to u2018Scripting tabu2019 -> Click on u201CEnable Scriptingu2019 option and uncheck below two checkboxes.

For QTP, can you one thing, you said you installed QTP right, after install , setup those variables which I gave you earlier and try to just open QTP and see is this opening?

1404715 - SAP TAO install information - Please check this notes which talks about scripting and QTP.

If not, can you tell me what versions of SAP TAO your are using and your QC and QTP versions too.

Good luck--- Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also, can you verify below settings..

1) open QTP

2) click on options

3 click on Run

4 enable the check box to 'allow other HP products to run' ( see this check box is enabled) if not , check it.

Scripting steps:

The activation is required on a client machine. To activate scripting follow the step: "Customize local Layout (F12)" -> Options -> Scripting -> Enable Scripting and uncheck two checkboxes.

In cluster environment all cluster systems have to have scripting enabled. For that, process the following:

1. Go to Transaction Code RZ11 on one system of the cluster.

2. Set Parameter Name to "sapgui/user_scripting".

3. Click Change Value Push Button.

4. Set the Current Value to u201CTRUEu201D.

5. Select the Check Box u201CSame on all serversu201D

- Ram

Edited by: Ram Challa on Jul 11, 2011 3:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking out your time ...I did all ... When i click QTP on desktop (C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\QTPro.exe) , It does nothing ....no error ....

If I go through menu options qtp-tools-additional instlln requirement , it asks to put licence server ...when I put that it says server found but then it gives QTP debug error and comes out .

TAO is 2.0.4.3

I have installed addins also , enabled scripts also (In server as well as in my ID)

I still get error

Scripting support is not enabled in the satellite system. See notes 692245 and 480149.

and warning

The Quick Test Pro application could not be found. Install this software if you need to execute Quality Center tests and component scripts, on this machine.

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still if you are getting scripting error, work with your basis team to resolve that issue , they might need to apply those notes.

I should have asked this question before, you said you are using concurrent license right, is that XP SP3 is your server or client? Where exactly you are installing your 'QTP & license' is that in server or client system?

And also, can you tell me what versions of QC and QTP you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

QC is 10.0 how to see QTP version ? QTP run time is installed in my PC

Licence is stored in server ...My pc is client . Others are able to use TAO 100% only few PCs have this problem hence basis team is unable to help

NPB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Donu2019t you have support from your testing tools Admin?

Okay, do below steps and let me know output.

Option one: Click on QTP on your desktop and once itu2019s open -> Go to Help-> click on u2018About QTPu2019 > tell me version which you have? Am assuming itu2019s QTP 10.0

Option 2: If you are not able to open QTP from desktop, find out from other team members.

If it is QTP 10.0 & If option one is working, again go to help -> Click on About QTP - > click on License and see what license server is installed if not, follow below steps.

Uninstall QTP from control panel, and try to re-install from scratch, while you are installing QTP, select Active X, Web & SAP add-ins to install and once after QTP installation is completed. Install License server (you will have all installation files under main QTP installation folder) if not ask them.

i) Click on u201CInstall Licenseu201D -(on Error Popup) (if you receive any error popup)

ii) Select u201CConcurrent Licenseu201D Radio button only

iii) Enter u201Cyour QTP sever installed nameu201D in the Check Connection text box and Click on u201CCheck Connectionu201D u2013 (Let me know if you receive any errors)

iv) Click on Finish.

v) Try to access QTP and see if you receive any errors.

vi) Once you click on QTP, you will get Add-in popup, see SAP add-in is installed or not. If you donu2019t get Add-in popup, go to QTP -> Click on Tools -> Click on Options > in General u2018Check u2018Display Add-in Manager on u2018Startupu2019 and verify SAP add-in is installed. ((remember SAP add-ins comes with QTP 10.0 so you don't need to add separately)

If you still facing with license issue, please follow below steps:

Select My Computer -> Right Click - > Advance System Settings - > Environment Variables - > Check u201CLSHOSTu201D variable? if you donu2019t see , follow the steps to add :

Click on New -> Add -> u201CVariable Name u2013 LSHOSTu201D

u201CVariable Value u2013 your QTP server name & try to access QTP.

And also verify , is QTP_00626 patch should also be available. (you can check this in about help QTP popup)

Then try to do a self check and see what error you are receiving.

Looks like I am teaching whole administration:) but any way good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the detailed suggestions . With patches and advise now I am not getting those errors . However I get following error in self check mode

However I have enabled scripting in sap guid quality system Alt+F12 and others are able to create scrips (hence it proves that satellite system is enabled)

While running qtp , I saw some modules not liceneced . Is this because of that ?

N P Bhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

.net , java , sap , wpf , webservises shown as not licenced and I am unable to select it

NPB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to buy these licenses but you only care WEB and SAP so you can ignore rest of the licenses now.

All QTP add-ins are license based so contact sales HP to get the quote and then you can work with your procurement team to get PO then purchase it.

Let me know if you have any questions.