SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with respect to Price class maintenance on Device category!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to maintain the price class on device category. Though the entries are maintained in configuration system is not allowing me to maintain it. The following message is displayed.

Entry XXXXXXXXXX does not exist in TE431 (check entry)

Message no. 00058

Diagnosis

Input values must be defined in Table TE431. The value or values '0000001001 ' are not specified in this table.

Procedure

Check whether the input is correct and correct if necessary.

Procedure for System Administration

If this is not an incorrect entry, check the system settings and change them if necessary.

If there is a connection to the Customizing system, you can maintain the system settings by choosing Customizing in the Performance Assistant or Maintain Entries (F5) when displaying the help in a modal dialog box.

Please help me out with resolution.

Thanks and regards,

N.Nagaraju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

TE431 Table is for Storing Price class details.

The price class table is used for defining the price class key and for determining the sector category to which a price

class belongs.

If the sector category is specified, checks when allocating a device category to a price class can be kept to a minimum

Please check the settings for the Maintainence of Price class in Customization.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer P.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

TE431 Table is for Storing Price class details.

The price class table is used for defining the price class key and for determining the sector category to which a price

class belongs.

If the sector category is specified, checks when allocating a device category to a price class can be kept to a minimum

Please check the settings for the Maintainence of Price class in Customization.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer P.

0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

The code and devision category combination is maintained in the given table. Stil I am getting the same error.

Regards,

N.Nagaraju

0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

Is the Entries are maintained like shown in Diagnosis in Your Message.Please check.

Best Regards,

Sudheer P.

0 Kudos

Hi Sudeer,

Yes they are maintained as code description Devision category in the config under this node Define Price Classes.

Regards,

N.Nagaraju

0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

Please check your price class definition in table TE431. Price class is char10 with aplha routine active. If your price class does not have preceeding zeros, then it will issue such error (even if you chose value from drop down / F4).

I think price class with some text will work fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did maintained new code, then I saw that there are preceeding zero's in the entry's of the table TE431. And system is allowing to assign the same. Not sure how the other codes are created or uploaded in the system.

Thanks guys for the reply.

Regards,

N.Nagaraju