cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise invoice date and delivery date difference..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1. Excise invoice is generated in the month of July for the delivery happened in June. Is there any implications?

When i do registry update and Utilisation, does it have an effect?

2. Pending Excise are yet to be created for the month of June, started creating the excise document for the July delivery. Do I need to cancel the July delivery excise document and then post the June delivery excise document for continuity of excise numbers, before starting the excise creation for July..

Kindly guide me..

Thanks,

Saravana Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Raj... it is OK as long as the goodds have not physically left the plant.

The excise invoice has to be created immediately after the PGI is completed in the delivery and also discuss with your excise department for the regular practise .

Make it a practise to check for all the open deliveries in the last week of the month and ensure that all the required excise invoices are created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the Excise rules, the excise invoice is supposed to be created immediately after the delivery.

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I hope in your case only delivery alone has been taken place in the system whereas the physical goods have not yet dispatched to the customer, in such case there is nothing wrong iin creating excise invoice.

2. You can go ahead and create without reversing the july cases, there is nothing wrong in doing that as the excise authority is not going to check the delivery note creation date, all they wanted is you are suppose to send out the goods within 24 hrs of excise invoice creation with tax captured correctly.