cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert category:Want to create a category which use the rule based recipient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to send the alert message for the error occurred in adapter engine. But the alert should be sent to the relevant technical team, So the receiver should be decided on the basis of the error occurred in adapter engine.

I have created a category in ALRTCATDF. I have added the container elements. I am confused in using rule based recipient.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rahul_gupta74 ,

Re: Alert category:Want to create a category which use the rule based recipient.

step 1: first we create a alert category with the transaction code -ALERTCATDEF.

Step 2:then we have to entered short and long text.

Step 3:then we have to enterd container element.we have standard container elements,

SXMS_MSG_GUID, SXMS_RULE_NAME, SXMS_ERROR_CAT, SXMS_ERROR_CODE, SXMS_FROM_PARTY, SXMS_FROM_SERVICE, SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE, SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE, SXMS_TO_PARTY, SXMS_TO_SERVICE, SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE,SXMS_TO_INTERFACE.

Step 4:To specify the fixed recipents.

Step 5: the particular user-id specify the email-address in the Address tab of t-code SU01.

Step 6 :Save the alert configuration.

Step 7:Goto t-code SCOT; double-click SMTP and specify the mail-host and mail-port for the respective Mail Server.

Step 8: Specify the email-address of the recipient who is going to receive the alert mails.

(OR) Specify u2018*u2019 in case of multiple email-ids.

Step 9: Goto Menu->Settings->Default Domain and specify the domain id of the company.

Save the settings done in SCOT.

former_member611181
Participant
0 Kudos

What you can to achive this rule based recipient is

1. Create multiple alert categories in ALRTCATDEF

2. Go to you qualified host for alert configuration and use above categories with either selecting " Integration Engine" or "Adapter Engine"

If "Integration Engine" select Error Category like application,XI adapter,XI protocol,XIproxy,XIserver.

Once error occurs it will use above configuration to route to recipient via ALRTCATDEF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I don't think there is any option to define the Recipient based on the error status. By clicking on Fixed recipient button we can maintain the recipient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure the alert rule by specifying the receiver system, reciever interface and receiver namespace. Choose Adapter Engine in the option where did the error occur. Wild card * can be used for all other filters like sender system, sender interface and sender namespace. So an alert will be created only if an error occurs in the adapter engine, for this particuar interace. If you require alert only based on the system, then you can also specify * for receiver interface and namespace as well. have a look into sap help for details-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/56/d5b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Francis