cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating the Table logging in AUT01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning to Everyone,

Actually, i looking for some help on the transaction AUT01, when i tried Activating Table logging in AUT01, i get a system message saying that the " SYSTEM SETTING DOES NOT ALLOW CHANGES TO BE MADE TO THE OBJECT TABLE MARA".

with regarding to this message i also tried looking into the system info and it says that the "Logging in system Sand Box is active for the following client 005".

so i kindly request you all to help me to understand why the table logging is not taking place and also what i should do to fix this problem.

i thank you all for your precious time and support and waiting for your prompt response.

Shree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No reply for almost a year - closing post as answered

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

lets see whether we can illuminate the situation a bit...

When you look at table MARA within AUT01 you can see that the default logging is realized through change document objects [MATERIAL, MATERIAL_H, MATERIAL_N, MAT_FULL].

Further details concerning change document objects can be displayed with the help of transaction SCDO.

The change document objects work differently from the technical adjustment concerning the individual table logging, that can be inspected with the help of transaction SE13 e.g..

The individual table logging on the other hand is dependent on the system parameter rec/client.

The parameter rec/client [general table log activation] is to be activated for the productive client as minimum.

The other technical adjustment of the table MARA concerning the maintenance restriction can be reviewed within the transaction SE11. The tab "Delivery and Maintenance" is adjusted in a way, that maintenance can only be executed appropriately [not considering backdoors]

through a view generated through SE54.

Just let me know if there is anything missing.