cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Main window problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein i have to print data for an employee from more than 30 different sections , the data for which is stored in different internal tables.

As there can multiple records in each internal table for an employee and data has to flow ; i have to include the internal tables in Main Window.

I wanna know is it possible to include all the internal tables as table nodes (>30 ) in Main Window ? If no, what is the best way to handle such scenario in Smartforms.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Aleria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make use of loops inside the main window.

Provide the conditions in WHERE condition and loop it accordingly.

Jshree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jshree,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree that we can include more than 2 internal tables at table nodes in Main window. However, my concern is the will i be able to add >30 internal tables as table nodes in Main window.

Is this recommemded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to combine the internal tables if they are having similar records in the driver program itself.

Or you need to pass 30 internal table to smartforms?

Jshree

sanjeeb_sahoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jshree,

IT is possible.

Thanks,

Sanjeeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleria ,

Try to combine the internal tables in the driver program and use it in smartform.

If your Employee name and id are in one Internal table and their address are available in another one.

Make it as a single internal table and if you need to display it at different position,use different row types for that.

Jshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jsree,

in my case it is not poosible to combine fields from 30 different internal tables into one because of dta constraints; so i can't follow this approach.

However, i tried it is possible to display this much internal tables with float functionality in Main windiw using Folders,

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Aleria

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to have multiple table nodes under main window. Only issue that you will face, the records from second internal table will be printed only after the all the records of 1 table is over and similarly the 3rd table will get printed only after all the records of the second table is printed. If this fits into your requirment, then you can create 3 table node under main window.

Cheers!!

Anid

sanjeeb_sahoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to declare a final internal table in which the fields are all the 30 internal tables fields. Then you define in main window.

Thanks,

Sanjeeb.