cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make fields manadatory when creating a Solman request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wish to make the field "Component" mandatory when raising a Solman request. Is this possible? If yes, how so?

Thanks,

Savindi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using Incompleteness procedures for making fields mandatory. You can do it in SPRO >CRM>BASIC FUNCTIONS>INCOMPLETENESS.

Define an Incompleteness for Business Transaction&items.

Define an Incompleteness for Business PPartners.

Assign transaction types to Incompleteness groups.

Assign item categories to the Incompleteness groups.

Define the incompleteness procedures that are valid for various sub objects .For eg sales

Asiign the incompletenss groups to the incompleteness procedures.

This is a simple way for making fields mandatory and getting standard errors using configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please update what you are trying in solman?r u doing service desk config, in this case you can follow here [|]

other way you can do it with SDH0, transaction varients for any tcodes,

Please check.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

What is required is to make the field "Component" mandatory. This field appears when you go to Create Support Message" and user is allowed to enter the module to which the issue belongs.

Any ideas? I tried the methods given below and it did not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savindi,

All these things are a part of configuration, Please go to SPRO and make the settings for Service Desk.

Regards,

Sneha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I tried t-code SHD0 on R/3 as that is where i wish to make the field "Component" mandatory. Yet what is the t-code i should give? Users on R/3 create the support message by going to Help> Create Support Message and i was unable to find a t-code.

Regards,

Savindi