cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free text as Partner and Successful stat, hide buttons, link with Item no.

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Masters,

I have some queries regarding QM notifications:

1) Can we have individuals as partners, in Q. Notifications, which are not sap users or not defined as persons (not HR module or organisation strucutre in place) and if yes then which partner function we have to use?

2) How to hide Partner determination and Long Text button (available next to description below status information) from Notification screen in create and change mode?

3) How can we have link between Corrective Action and Root Cause as in system we can have link only with Item Number?

4) Can we have some free text entered while marking corrective actions (tasks) as Successful?

I hope, I was able to explain in brief my queries but please let me know if more description on requirements is required.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roger_reeves1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there

In terms of having users which are not set up on the system, why not use one time 'customers' as the reference table?

You would set up your new partner function (copy sold to party).

Then go into SD config for partner determination and allow your new partner function to be linked with the one time customer account group.

Then when you enter the customer code in the quality notification a pop up window will appear and ask you to fill in the name and address of the person in question.

This is what I did today to get around the same requirement and it works nicely ; )

Regards,

Roger

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

I tried suggested work around, it seems to be working fine. But my only concern is how to retrieve reports on the basis of individual text.

Example: We use same logic for Task Processor, assign newly defined partner function for task processor in configuration and selects correpsonding one-time customer as partner for that partner fucntion. Change Name for that one-time customer in pop-up and save notification. But now question is if we want to search for task on basis of corresponding preocessor name then how to get list.

Are you planning to develop seperate report or query or it is not required in your case.

Cheers,

Devang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Can we have individuals as partners, in Q. Notifications, which are not sap users or not defined as persons (not HR module or organisation strucutre in place) and if yes then which partner function we have to use? - As I know Not Possible

3) How can we have link between Corrective Action and Root Cause as in system we can have link only with Item Number?

Assuming Corrective action you are treating as a Task ,as U said Corrective Action and Root Cause are connected to ITEM number so it is definitely connected each other.

Meaning , system updates Cause and Task for Item number 1 , Item number 2 etc. As u Know we can have more than one corrective actions or causes. (So if you have multiple causes again it depends how u identify Root cause as RC will be only one)

If You deriving a report you can easily find the relation from tables QMEL,QMSM and QMFE.

4) Can we have some free text entered while marking corrective actions (tasks) as Successful?

This definitely calls for development considering U already used TASK FREE TEXT and LONG TEXT which is available.

Also consider using Activity tab as well

Regards

Nitin

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

First of all thank you for your reply.

For point 3 you have mentioned to develop report using tbales QMEL, QMSM and QMFE, I thought about that and even tried to develop query using those tables. But I am yet not clear for in case of multiple causes for single defect item, how individual causes can be linked to corrective actions as while recording details in notifications I dont think we can maintain any such link.

Example: For defect item 1) there are three causes i), ii) and iii) and 6 different corrective actions, requirement is to link all 6 corrective actions to cause ii) as this helps in analysis.

I hope this time I was able to explain what is requirement.

Once again thanks for your reply.

Cheers,

Devang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QMSM consider filed QMSM-FENUM where FEnum is Item number QMSM -MNCOD where MNCOD is Task number

in QMUR consider QMUR-FENUM where FEnum is Item number QMUR-URNUM is Cause

Simillarly for QMMA -FENUM where FEnum is Item number QMMA-MANUM is Activity

Hope it helps

Regards,

Nitin