cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scot Error : Send Process Still Running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to send email from SAP to External Mail Server.I did Scot Setting in which Default Domain is maintained,SMTP node is created, SMTP Service in SICF is activated, SMTP port is opened. All required Configuration is done but was unable to send Email.The Email sits in Business Workplace Outbox and displays Message as Send Process still running.

I am unable to find out what exactly has went wrong.Please help me out of this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavi ,

Have you schedule the period job for sending email out of the SAP system.You need to schedule report RSCONN01 ,to run periodically.

This program starts the SAPconnect send process.It checks all the work items in outbox and sends them as email out of the SAP system.

You can also schedule this job from SCOT itself.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes I have scheduled periodic job RSCONN01 through Scot itself and it is running in background through proper interval still mail is not getting send.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you see any information on SOST related to you msg. ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

No nothing is displayed in SOST..When i configured SCOT in my Development the mail appears in sost. In production it only sits in Business Workplace not even in sost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your mail server is accessible from SAP serevr.

Are you using IP/host name of your outbound mail server in you sap SCOT configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes i m using IP address of outbound mail server in SCOT COnfiguration...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something should be displayed in SOST or node status in SCOT (waiting ,cancelled) . Check that .

In SOST choose all the check boxes and date option and execute and check the status and long text

By any chance is there an email with a big attachment or something ?

Regards

Amit

Edited by: Amit Bangotra on Jul 4, 2011 6:06 PM

Edited by: Amit Bangotra on Jul 4, 2011 6:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In SCOT it is displayed in waiting status...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

When i clicked on all check boxes in SOST ie waiting,Error,Send,Transmitted and in Further TAB I clicked on "SEND DATE NOT YET REACHED" my mails are visible in SOST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting status means its sill waiting for the send process to run.Now can you please check the status of the job RSCONN01 in SM37 .Is it really running.If yes, is it finished successfully or cancelled or just scheduled.

Regards

Amit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dustin_justet
Explorer
0 Kudos

See note 1015628 - Documents with status 'Send time is not yet reached'.

The issue could be that the user sending the e-mail has a different time zone set than the system time zone. You can see which time zone is set for the user in transaction SU01 on the Defaults tab. It shows the system time zone setting as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavi,

Means your SCOT is properly configured, issue is from Mail Server side.

Please check with concern persons.

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all......

It is working Fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the background job status RSCONN01. If it is working fine.

Is the mail server is properly connected with your SAP.

Check some settings : --

1. Mail Host and Mail port and default Domain in SMTP

2. SMTP services should be activated in SMICM.

3. SAPCONNECT status in SICF.

If all set then it should be working fine.

Also for checking try to send the any test mail to another mail ID.

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check, whether the backgroung job is getting cancelled and which user is running the job. please check that the user running the job is OK that is , its not yet locked or something.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had checked RSCONN01 which is running and showing status finished. After this the job is displayed in SOST with status as "Will be send after 5th jully 2011 08:06:11".

Now the problem is We are able to receive mails but mail is been received after 7 to 8 hours. How this time could be cut out to 1 hours?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the frequency of background jobs.

I think you need to reduce it....

Hope it helps

Regards,

Alok