cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

655 Movement: No Inspection lot created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert's,

My End user are doing 655 for a Return delivery, In Material Master "05", inspection type is Set, but it is not active.

No inspection Lot has been Generated , but in MMBE , the Stock is in Quality.

1) Now, how can i do result recording for the same .

2) Even though "05", is not active how did it allow to do 655 Movt.

<<Text removed>>

Edited by: Matt on Jul 6, 2011 2:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

It depends how you have created you GR, e.g. ig you have done it with MIGO, you can change the stock type manually.

But here what you should do is, keep the inspection type 05 activated in the mater master.

now to create inspection lot for this posting

Run QA08,

Go to Individual processing

Enter Material code and plant.

Activate the check box "_Activate Despite Inspection Stock_"

Execute,

Go to Change Inspection set up button and activate inspection type 05 and 08 system will generate inspection lot.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

Thank you for the help, can you tell me how can i do 655 Movt in Migo.

In my case no Inspection lot was created, but how did the Stock go in "Quality".

I was trying to do a Cycle for same in Development Client. System was not allowing me to do 655 movt in Va01 if not "05" was active for material in QM tab of material master. how did it happened in Production Client.

PLz give info

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Getting stock posted to quality inspection without inspection lot generation is possible in standard SAP. Firstly I try to explain why this happens.

1. Go to material master in QM view

2. You must have ticked on u201CPost to inspection stocku201D tick

3. And you have not activated 05 inspection type.

As a result of which, system is posting the stock to quality inspection without generating lot. For this case you need to carry out 321 movement through MB1B transaction for transferring stock from quality to unrestricted.

1. Regarding your first question, that how you can carry out result recording.

a) In order to carry out result recording inspection lot must exist. And for that inspection type 05 must be activated in material master.

b) You must have valid inspection plan with appropriate usage also.

c) Inspection type activation has no co-relation 655 movement. Movement typeu2019s customization is associated with delivery type.

d) Hence it doesnu2019t matter whether you have activated or deactivated 05 inspection type in material master.

e) Inspection type activation is useful only for lot generation.

2. Regarding second question that how you can carry out 655 movement

a) This is automated movement with respect to outbound delivery and generally done through VL02N and not in VA01.

b) I donu2019t think this movement is possible through MIGO. Better if you consult with good SD consultant.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Thank you for the Info. I was Doing Return Delivery through VL02N, but as 05 is not activated in Quality , Material Master. I am getting Error "Change the inspection stock of material 40000002 in QM only" in development client.

How did it allow the End user to do stock posting in Production client.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I think, probably the reason for the problem you encountered with, is the change in material master after SO creation.

Letu2019s have a look on following sequence.

1. In material master inspection type 05 is activated

2. Returns sales order is created

3. Inspection type is deactivated (After SO creation but before PGR-Post goods receipt i.e. before 655 movement)

At this moment, while doing PGR system tries to post the stock to quality inspection as per sales order setting. But since the inspection type has already been deactivated system give this error stopping you to post the stock to quality inspection.

Under such situations, either make sure you have ticked on u201CPost to inspection stocku201D or you have activated inspection type 05 in material master.

Your end users could do it without problems, because perhaps they might have fulfilled either one of the above conditions before doing PGR through VL02N.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Jul 6, 2011 11:08 AM

Answers (0)