Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc packaging questions

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am aware that in Idoc packaging how Sender Idoc adapter packaging is done and also know that it is available from PI7.11

I have 2 questions...

1. Suppose there is a data issue with a single idoc ,,because of that entire package will fail...then it would call for finding the erroneous idoc ...correct the data and resend all the Idocs again..

This problem can occur again and again...and because of this the entire package will be stopped..

So is it a good option to not do packaging and send a single Idoc and insert it as a record in target database.

2. In case i am doing idoc packaging the occurence of IDOC in mapping will still be 1..1.

How do i manage my mapping such that each Idoc in the package should insert a separate record in the database table

Hema

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
> 
> 2. In case i am doing idoc packaging the occurence of IDOC in mapping will still be 1..1.
> 
>     How do i manage my mapping such that each Idoc in the package should insert a separate record in the database table
>

Map IDoc to access tag, in this case one record for each IDoc will get inserted.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Raja ,

Thanks...what abt my 1st question...do u feel inserting one record at a time is better than Idoc packaging as it will create a problem in monitoring and reprocessing

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me about Data load.. like how many IDoc are you going to proces, if load is less then go with individual Idoc processing.

elase think about IDoc packaging.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

1000 Idocs per day per interface and there are 15 such interfaces

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with IDoc packaging and use multi mapping concept , it is good idea ...i never done IDoc packaging in 7.11.

and your interface volume also looks high so go with this approcach..multi mapping def gaurantee one IDoc one record..because map IDoc with MessageType name in Multi mapping.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

In Idoc packaging all the Idocs will come in a single message in PI....

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

If the Idoc occurence is 1..1 how will it accept multiple Idocs in a single message??

Will the mapping give error as Idoc is still 1..1 in the mapping

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Just now i tried IDoc packaging..

it will come as one message and you no need to change IDoc segment corruace,it is accepting mutiple IDoc's in one message.

Regards,

Raj