Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-unicode printing unreadable character for Thai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our current system 4.7 running on Oracle datavase on Window NT server, codepage set to 8600 with supported TH and EN.

Previously, user logon as 'blank' and set character (at user setting) to 'TH', the printing of SAP documents to printer is able to print TH language.

However, there is recent 'EN' activated via I18N without the any changes to the instance profile and printer id, the printing to printer is unreadable character although we are able to read TH for table, and online document in SAP system.

Our database code page is 1100 and 8600. and the installed language are 2DE. In RSCPINTST, there are GE, EN and TH.

Is it because we have 3 languages in the RSCPINTST, and need to remove 'GE'?

May i know what would be the problem, as i have searched through the forum.

Can please advice? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I am assuming this is a non-Unicode system and up to now you only had a single code page 8600 system. This allows you to use Thai and English. Did you make a decision to activate German language? Is it required and currently used on the system?

If it was added in error and is not used on the system, remove German from RSCPINST and go back to 8600. You must, however, ensure that no German was entered on the system - as this will be lost once you remove German language. If you have found that you now require German langauge, then you would need to consider a conversion to Unicode. Multiple code pages are no longer required - Unicode is our supported option.

Best Regards,

Safina Hillis

0 Kudos

Thanks Safina, Do you mean that if we maintain 2 languages in i18N, the printing problem will be resolved?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

You need to verify if German language was always active on the system or if it was only recently activated in error. If it was, it needs to be removed to return you to your former configuration (provided no German data was saved to the database while active, as this data will be lost once German is removed). I would therefore presume the issue would then no longer occur.

I would assume that the issue is occuring as English was configured to use code page 8600 - i.e. when you used to logon to the system teh code page was loaded and English and Thai characters could be input. Now the German language is active, hence the system probably has 2 code pages active (8600 and 1100) and by default English is now using 1100. Hence when using English now, code page 1100 is loaded which cannot interpret Thai characters -- hence the incorrect printing.

So, it is vital to check why German is now active on the system and why it was introduced.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Safina Hillis

0 Kudos

Thanks, Safina.

Initially only GE was activated and EN and TH were installed. Due to the EN was not activated, the GL text was not able to edited via fs00 even the full authorisation is given, for user who logon with 'blank' language. And it was found that the GL text could be able to changed if user logon in 'GE' language.

Thus, EN was activated due to the reason.

In order to revert to the original state, can i re-inactive the 'EN' whithout removing any language, which remain 'GE' activated?

Germain language is required for our scenario. Are you please advise? Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Apologies, can you please clarify what you mean when you say "initially only GE was activated and EN and TH were installed". Please state how the system was originally configured for languages, i.e. what you used to have in table TCPDB and which languages were active in RSCPINST. Once you have this information, please then also state which languages are currently active in RSCPINST and what you now see in TCPDB.

--> I believe you initially only had one code page active in TCPDB but now you are seeing two.

Please note that if you require multiple code pages on the system, SAP strongly recommends a migration to Unicode. New installations / reconfigurations of Single code page systems to MDMP are not supported. Please see attachment

"I18nCode_Page_Support.ppt" which is attached to Note: 73606.

Best Regards,

Safina Hillis