Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Dump LIST_TOO_MANY_LPROS

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As an basis consultant if i get LIST_TOO_MANY_LPROS dump in ST22 what might be the reason, what action i have to take..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This will help for those who experience the LIST_TOO_MANY_LPROS dump error in SPRO transaction .

The error you are facing is user-specific, which has to be done in each user account. Please try the below manual corrections to fix the dump error:

1. 1)       Enter T-Code SPRO.
  2. 2)      Click on Settings->User-Specific Settings->General
  3. 3)      Uncheck all the check boxes.
  4. 4)      Restart the t-code 'SPRO'.

Thanks,

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Thanks i was getting same error, following by you steps. it is resolve now. i think you should award with correct answer.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback Amit

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Thank you very much. You're great!

Sorin

sumaghosh
Participant
0 Kudos

Very Helpful Thanks a lot

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this Note

1829767 - LIST_TOO_MANY_LPROS short dump in transaction SPRO, SUIM or SBIW

Thanks

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

There will always a scenario behind a dump.

If you are getting this dump, then you are the right person to know what are the steps to reproduce this dump.

But, if end users are getting then, get the information from the users such as Frequency, Screen shots, Steps to reproduce the dump and time-stamp.

This will give you the clue to start your investigation on that particular dump.

First and best place is to check any latest SAP Notes release for the dump. If yes, then check if it is true to your system.

Hope you this helps in resolving most of the dumps.

Thanks & Regards,

Ananda Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you are using sap gui which is not compatible with your product version. Try upgrading your sap gui. If you are using sap ERP 6.0 EHP 6 than compatible version of sap guid is 730.  You can check which version of sap gui your user is using from tcode sm04. And gui version compatible to your product from pam or from master guide.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi, we got this error also in ST22 in our prod system. It's depending on ALV List configuration.

There are some new ALV WD ABAP ALV Lead configurations, since release ECC 5.00.

Check that note

Note 1495868 - COGI: runtime error LIST_TOO_MANY_LPROS

Reason and Prerequisites

The cause of this runtime error is of technical nature. A limit of 50 stacked "CALL SCREEN" calls cannot be exceeded. Due to the many options that transaction COGI offers, the short dump can occur in different programs; the main program is always "CORUAFFW".
This issue occurs if the COGI result list is used in ALV format, the default format since release ECC 5.00 (see note 756547).

Check if your TA is the TA COGI in ST22, then point this recomm. to the application ABAP developer, import the relevant SNOTE and test if this Note works! That solution note is a MODIFICATION.!!! Check that at first with the system responsible.

Greets Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

if you use SAP Gui for JAVA or HTML please check SAP Note 1747011.
In case you use SAP Gui for Windows please update your SAP GUI to version 7.30.

I had the same error while working in SPRO. After Gui Update, the error vanished.

Kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many times did you see this dump in ST22?

The hing is, I have mostly seen this dump comes when a user keeps on refreshing the same screen over and over for a long time. Finally, this dump occurs.

For example, when I am monitoring a client copy and I keep on refreshing the client copy logs page over and over for some time, then there comes a time when I get this dump. Then I only need to come out of the transaction and run the transaction again and now I don't get this dump. If that's the case, then you can ignore this dump.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right Shitij..

Even I faced the same issue.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are so many notes available on SMP for this issue, you can check SAP note 1010223. also, read the details of this dump in ST22, for what is the problem causing this dump. Then read SAP notes on SMP for the same.

Thanks

Sunny