cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Error - "No maintenance cycle is open for the current system"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am setting up ChaRM in development system after EGI session with SAP support. I have copied standard transactions to custom ones and created Maintenance and Implementation project to run test of all scenarios.

I now come across error of "No maintenance cycle is open for the current system" after I create a change request and in the change document, I cannot see it link with task list and the error message is displayed. I tried it with custom transaction as well as standard SAP transaction (SDCR) and get the same error.

What links a document to a maintenance cycle? Where can I see the config of this setup? I am trying to see where it is broken. I am using the correct IBASE number (production client in logical component), I tried to create a new logical component, new projects with correct settings but it still gives this error message. Please advice.

Thanks and regards,

Nischal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

did you also unlock the maintenance cycle and open for changes in solar_project_admin by right click

do check this blog

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/23/change-request-management-scenario-working-examples

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/23/change-request-management-scenario-working-examples-final-points-and-appendix

Question no 17

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-questions-and-known-errors

Hope it solves

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar,

It was authorization issue, I had given SAP standard roles to the test user, the error I got was 'Maintenance cycle not open' which was not very meaningful. I ran it with another user with SAP_ALL and it worked fine.

Best regards,

Nischal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check the maintenance process link on document flow button , chk if it is there or not

and as right said above check in project administartion whether the maintenance cycle open and set te status as in developement.

Please do double check the presteps all done on charm config (like BC set activation,authoraization)

please check [First steps to work with Change Request Management |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10429] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks

Jansi