cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to statistic the rest dialog work process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Is there some method we can statistic the rest dialog work process in every ten minutes in our sap ECC prd system(ECC 6.0)?(I want to use the number to evaluate our SAP system's performance. Esp, at the business peak period.)

Thank you!

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you clarify the question please? Why don't you use ST03 transaction, for the statistic values?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

For example,we configured maximum 30 dialog work process in our sap system(ECC6.0).

It used 20 dialog work processes at the business peak-hour.

My question is: How to get the quantity of the rest dilog work process (In this case, it is 10, 30-20=10)?

Thanks!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

If I understand correct, you want to find out number of required work processes.

You can find it, by using "ST02 -> Go to -> Current Local Data -> SAP cursor cache -> ID cache" path. On this table, you can analyze how many work processes are really running and how many work processes are waiting at the idle state.

There is no time based values, about these statistics. These values indicate current stats.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's utilization you're concerned with, maybe you can use CCMS.

MTE Classes:

R3DiaWpUtilisation or Availability_RFCPercent (the latter requires ccmsping and availability monitoring to be set up)

Availability_RFCPercent will check the percentage of available D-wps, if threshold is breached, an alert can be configured.

That way you can establish a time profile for Dialog WP utilization based on the times you get an alert.

Personally I like Orkun's method of checking which WP is actually sitting idle. But i guess that could indicate some algorithm issues with WP selection or some other causes.