cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDMGX - After Extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new for MDM Generic Extraction concept and understand the process up to generation of XSD and XML file generation. Below are the doubts in my mind. Please help me to get clear.

1. What is the use of XSD file generation. Is it used for source template for MDM import manager?

2. What is the use of Time out option in 'Define Repositories and FTP Server Details'.

3. How will import generated multiple XML files into MDM server via Import Manager. For Ex

1. Repository Fields :

Product ID -- UNIQUE Key FIELD

Product Desc

Country

Counry Description

ISO Code

Field1

Field2

2. Extracted XML files from MDMGX will be

File1 --> Product ID & Desc

File2 ---> Country & Country Desc (How can we upload data without key field)

Please take the above ex or any valid examples and explain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Below are few points to your questions.

1. An XML Schema describes the structure of an XML document and and this schema is required so that Structure of the XML file which is generated should be in the format defined in XML Schema defined for the Import map in Console.

2. Session Timeout Minutes (in number). It causes MDM Console, CLIX, and applications based on the new Java API to expire after the specified number of minutes elapses. Default is 14400 (24 hours).When set to 0, sessions never time out.

3. For File1 and File2, you will need to create two Inbound Ports with Suitable Remote System along with the Import Map using Import Manager and assigning the same to these ports. And Processing Type for these Inbound Ports should be Automatic So that once the file is placed in the respective ports on FTP Server,AutoImport will be triggered and files will get Imported.

Regards

Gaurav K Sharma