Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipment cost

satishkumar_ijju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I haven't got opportunity to work on shipment cost,i have query relevant to shipment cost.like in pricing procedure in sales & distribution while processing sales order the pricing procedure is determined on the basis of sales area,customer procedure which we mention in customer master data & document procedure which we mention in sales document type.but my question is for shipment pricing procedure it is determined on the basis of 1)item determination group 2)service agent procedure group 3)shipping type procedure group but my question is where we maintain them ?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to IMG Logistics Execution > Transportation > Shipment Costs > Pricing > Pricing Control > Define and Assign Pricing Procedures

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

satishkumar_ijju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your immediate response,

I have already did that but still i am not clear where the service agent procedure group is assigned ?can you also brief me when we assign item determination group to item category shipment costs how it play the role & also similarly for shipping type procedure group.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create a shipment cost, you would note that in Status tab, you can see this item category flowing

In order to determine a pricing procedure in shipment cost, following are pre-requisites.

a) Item Category

b) Service agent

c) Shipping type

Based on the above combination only, you assign the shipment cost pricing procedure and while creating a shipment cost document via VI01, system will fetch the above three data and accordingly, the shipment cost value will be determined.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To clear your doubt, the following is the key areas in shipment cost pricing:

The formula to determine the shipment cost pricing is:

Shipment Cost Pricing Procedure = TPPt + Service Agent Proc.Grp. + It. Det. Proc.Grp. + Shipping Ty Proc.Grp

1) Transportation Planning Point is the enterprise structure which is assigned to your company code. It is the point/group where planning activities takes place. All shipping activities are planned from a Transportation Planning Point.

2) The service agent procedure group is assigned to the service agent/forwarding agent master data creation. You would find a service agent procedure group there in the "Control" tab in tcode MK01 for Account Group (0005).

3) The item determination procedure group is merely nothing but grouping of several shipment cost item category(s). You may have several stages in a shipment route but you decide that Stages share the same pricing procedure, so you may group all shipment cost item categories for Stages into one group. Example, you can group Stage A (STG1) and Stage B (STG2) into an Item Determination Procedure Group (STGS). Hence, when shipment cost document is created with STG1 and/or STG2 item categories, pricing based on STGS will be triggered. Item categories is picked up from your shipment cost document item level where you have configured and assigned to your Shipment Cost Type.

4) Shipping type procedure group again is the grouping of several shipping type you have defined (i.e. Truck, Rail, Marine, Barge, Pipeline etc.). For example, you may decide that all land shipments would share the same pricing procedure group, hence you can group Truck and Rail into Shipping Type Procedure Group for land transfer (i.e. STS1) and similarly, group Marine and Barge transfer into sea transfer shipping type procedure group (i.e. STS2). Shipping type is picked up from your shipment document where deliveries are assigned to.

With the above defined, you can now define accordingly in your shipment cost pricing procedure determination. With the relevant key as described above maintained in the system, the system will then automatically pick up the relevant pricing procedure in your shipment cost document.

Hope the above clarifies.

Thanks.

satishkumar_ijju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks once again for your immediate response,

Your answer was really helpful, it would be further helpful if you can provide me shipment url link or any manual materials.so that i can further clear my doubts.I surfed the SDN but not very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See this [article|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f0a960c1-61f5-2d10-28a8-8431a9d8282b] by Sreekanth.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: Sorry, I forgot this other [article|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70fbd5dc-8f5f-2910-2085-c658dc145fe9] by Manikanda ilango. It's related with inbound deliveries, but it's so helpful.

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Jul 4, 2011 1:38 PM