cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFS transfer stock from plant to plant using transfer order and delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow!

We have 2 plant and I want to use transfer order with SD delivery to transfer material from plant to plant.

I have tried to set up system but I can not clear undestend using ATP and ARUN in transfer process.

My question are:

1. How could I check avaliable stock during transfer order entering. There is a buttom on the form but it does not work. Ideally I want to see avaliable while enter quantity like similar to sale order.

2. As I have found transfer order does not create requirements and does not lock stock from ATP point of view but I need take into account both requirement (from plant to customer and from plant to plant) in planing process , order processing , stock allocarion (ARUN) and so on. How could I manage requirements from transfer order? My be I am to use any document before transfer order to seng requirements into MRP ?

Thank you for answers.

Andrey Garshin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

question 2 (extra information)

I hava made sytem to insert stock reqierements for stock transfer order and now they are visible in T status.

But ARUN don not see them. I run j3at with "show requirements" option but they are not in list.

Any Idea ?

Andrey Garshin.

0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, don't use the stock/requirement list for ATP/ARUN purposes, it's material planning oriented and perform calculation totally different from ATP/ARUN.

J3AT won't work for STO, MM was designed in a different way, you must run VL10B (or any others VL10*) to trigger MM ARUN in background. Don't expect the same functions between SD and MM in regards to ATP and ARUN.

Keep in mind that MM ATP re-scheduling for AFS STO is only supported as of release 6.5.

Regarding your initial issues, check the MM ARUN (standard is 0001) to see if rules are correctly maintained to allocate stock.

MM ARUN should be very straightforward.

Mehdi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you for answer! It is very helpfull.

But it looks I have a problem.

We use 2 plants, and we need transfer from plant to plant where processed in common line with sale orders (in the case or material shortage. For supplying plant requirements from the others pland should be processed like requirements from customers. And I can not imagin how to fairly distribute stock if ARUN from STO is ran during delivery creation.

Any Idea ?

Andrey Garshin.

0 Kudos

Due to the initial AFS design, STO and sales order cannot be processed in the same ARUN, it's technically not possible (even with BADI, user exit etc...).

Hence, the only way to cover the business requirement (demand from plants & customers in the same ARUN) is to replace STO by PO-SO. This will work for the company selling the goods as well as for the company buying.

If your STO is manually created then it will be pretty easy to implement this. If it's based on material planning (SPK --> STR --> conversion to STO for instance), it will be potentially a little bit more complex. When you create a STR, dependent requirements are automatically created (same logic for STO), for PO-SO, the sales order is required to generate requirements (that would be another discussion).

Here the process for PO-SO.

PO creation triggers SO creation

PO change triggers SO change

ATP check in SO triggers vendor confirmation in PO

PGI the outbound delivery triggers IBD creation

Billing document triggers vendor invoice

In standard there are different technical approach to do that, in AFS only IDOC processing is officially supported.

Mehdi LAHMER