cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the "Productive Use" parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working with the Tutorial "Debugging a Web Dynpro Application" one learns that the server0 instance can be put in debug mode, but only if it's attribute "Productive Use" is set to OFF. This attribute can be viewed in Net Weaver Developer Studio's view "J2EE Engine".

I would like to debug a Web Dynpro on the EP6 Sneak Preview server. However, it's "Productive Use" is set to "ON".

Does anyone know where I can configure this to be "OFF" ?I've looked in quite a few places, including the Visual Administrator", but am not finding where to administrate/configure this attribute.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configtool does allow changing the PRODUCTIVE_USE setting. I can now debug my EP6 server.

Thanks very much Ivaylo,

miker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ivaylo,

I am working with the "Debugging a WebDynpro App" from SAP. The problem I am having is this: in the context menu for server0, the option for "Enable debugging" is Disabled (grayed-out).

I believe it is disabled because the "PRODUCTIVE USE" attribute is "ON".

I cannot find any way to set PRODUCTIVE USE to "OFF". So I am looking for any administrative GUI or configuration file or whatever in order to change this setting.

Does anyone know how to configure the Web AS 6.40's PRODUCTIVE USE setting?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions,

miker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then you can use the config tool to run the server in debug mode (running the server in debug mode will automatically set the "productive use" attribute to "off"!)

To launch the config tool, run the configtool.bat file located in \usr\sap\<SID>\<INSTANCE>\j2ee\configtool directory. In the lefthand side tree locate your server process and select it. Then on the righthand side go to Debug tab and activate debug mode for this element.

After you save the changes, you need to restart the cluster.

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do that from within the Developer studio directly. Just a right click on the server process can turn debug on/off. However, have a look at the debugging tutorial provided for Web Dynpro in case other questions come up: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cc/9cb34d9d11f74c98644df2b96b90f1/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ivo