cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please guide me for user authentication and authorization in WebDynPro App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just study the WebDynPro to develop the SAP Portal. I've ever developed the Web-based App using J2EE. So when i developed the Web-based App i have to develop the control of the user authentication and authorization on each page for example ,checking the session of the user whether they can access this page or whether session is expired or not,. So i have no idea with the WebDynPro and the SAP Portal because i never had experience for both WebDynPro and Portal.

I need to ask you some question to clarify my doubt :

1. SAP Portal is web page that include every enterprise application with in one page and user log-in to them just on time, isn't it?

2. If i integrate WebDynPro with SAP Portal, which one will do the authentication and authorization?. I mean that, Do i have to develop the code to check authentication and authorization in the WebDynPro App or Let the SAP Portal manage them?

3.Could you please suggest the best practice for authentication and authorization in webDynPro.

Many Thanks

Noppong J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in most case you don't have to write code to deal with session, authentication and authorization.

1. yes,

2. no, no code needed. you just set an attribute to your application, which make the the authentication required. when user access this page, portal will display the logon page

3 you can put some authorization related code in web dynpro for specific requirement, search this doc "Protecting Access to the Web Dynpro Car Rental Application Using UME Permissions"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John Wu,

Thank a lot for fast response, your reply make me clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i ask you 1 more question.

Can i say that WebDynPro and Portal are separate layer ,so i mean while i'm developing the WebDynPro i don't have to think about when they are deployed on Portal, after done the WebDynPro just config them in the Portal.?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, in most case.

sometimes you want to use specific portal feature, then you probably have dependency on portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot John Wu.

Answers (0)