cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM46 use Instructions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to set up LM46 on a Symbol 9000, and would like to know the best steps to use it. I think it will work, but it is not very user friendly, I would like not to develop a custom transaction if at all possible due to the short time I have left before my WM go live. Here's what I have figured out so far,

1. To pick I need an open TO, and each line will have it';s own SU.

2. When you open LM46 you need the delivery linked to the TO.

3 You also need a HU to pack into and a packing material ( I can enter any HU number within the external range )

4. When you F4-Next it opens the source screen with source storage type, source bin, source SU type, and source SU. Below in the material section, it displays the material and quantity target values. ALONG WITH 2 SMALL BOXES next to the material and quantity.

My first set of questions are:

1.On the RF I know you are to scan the those fields, but you cannot see what you

scanned, How do I open those fields, and should they display open on the RF?

2. If they do not open, why not, and has anyone found a way to ovecome this?

3. Once both fields are populated, what do you do next? I've tried Enter, and F4-Next

and F1-Save.

5. There is a Navigation arrows at the bottom of the screen (under F6) to go to the next item, but I can't figure out how to complet the transaction

6. When you hit F1-Save, an "X" is posted on the material (box to the left) You do this for each item,

7. Now hit F4-Next and the F4 button disappears, and trhe screen changes to the destinatioon Bin information where the cursor moves to the small box next to the dleivery number. I then scan or enter the delivery number, and hit Enter

8.Now If I hit F1-Save I get a message that the transfer order is currently being processed.

9. When you hit OK to exit the message, the whole TO item entry process begins again-

My question is, How do you complete the transaction.?

Please help - Anyone I really want to understand this transaction, it looks pretty simple, but I cannot find anydocumentation on it. I am also curious if a similar custom transaction basedon the original would work correctly, has anyone tried? All information I can find on this subject leads me to believe RF TO pick pack for delivery must be a custom developed product.

PS, is there a delivered SU look up transaction for RF (like LT24)?

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, to answer your questions,

1. The same TO is displayed

2No there is no indication of User locking anything

3 There were no SM12 entries.

0 Kudos

Hi Perry,

Can you post the exact wording of the error message, just so we can identify the exact message and it's source in the coding.

Thanks

Stephen

0 Kudos

Hi Perry,

I will try to address the points you have raised one by one...

1.On the RF I know you are to scan the those fields, but you cannot see what you

scanned, How do I open those fields, and should they display open on the RF?

From your description, the fields you are refering to are the verification fields, which are set at the following customizing: Logistics Execution > Mobile Data Entry > Verification Control and are based upon the goods movement data

2. If they do not open, why not, and has anyone found a way to ovecome this?

Once again, this relates to the profiles being assigned (or not) to the movement data in the above customizing

3. Once both fields are populated, what do you do next? I've tried Enter, and F4-Next

and F1-Save.

If the values entered in both are incorrect then processing cannot continue, for Material (Depending on your Customizing) you will need to enter the Material / EAN reference.

5. There is a Navigation arrows at the bottom of the screen (under F6) to go to the next item, but I can't figure out how to complete the transaction

To complete the transaction, you need to ensure the correct verification data has been entered (above) then F1 to save the source data, followed by F4 (next) and F1 again to save the destination data. Alternatively you can use the PGDN key to process the source screen for all items before moving to the destination data.

6. When you hit F1-Save, an "X" is posted on the material (box to the left) You do this for each item,

7. Now hit F4-Next and the F4 button disappears, and trhe screen changes to the destinatioon Bin information where the cursor moves to the small box next to the dleivery number. I then scan or enter the delivery number, and hit Enter

This is all correct, as described in question 5

8.Now If I hit F1-Save I get a message that the transfer order is currently being processed.

This is interesting, and we will need some more information with regards to the exact data that is displayed A. Is it the same TO number being displayed as the one currently being processed? B. Does the system reference a username which is processing the TO? C. Can you check SM12 throughout the TO confirmation process to identify any duplication locks? Regards Stephen