Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different user status profile for network header and activities

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

Is there any way to define different user status profile at network header level and at network activity level? As far as I know, it is only possible to enter a user profile at network type level, and both netwok headers and activities use the same statuses. Does it work this way?

Thanks!

Regards.

Edited by: Thalos on Jul 2, 2011 12:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there any way to define different user status profile at network header level and at network activity level?

Could you please give a reason why you need two different profile...?

Did you check OPSC settings..?

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Punith, Hi abdul!

Thanks for the reply!

I've gone through the OPSC, but the thing is that here you define a user status profile at network plant level. But I need to define it at network activity level.

The reason why I need this is because we have types of activities. We use network activities for client activities, for internal activities, to identify and follow-up risk management, etc. Each group of activities -since they have different usages- has different user status associated. But as I don't have any way to assign different user status profiles, all the activities have the same statuses, although they will only use some of them.

Thanks!

Regards,

Thalos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you need exactly?

Different user status for header and activity or

Different user status for different types of activities.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We use network activities for client activities, for internal activities, to identify and follow-up risk management, etc.

You can refer my earlier reply for risk management from the below link

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh

I need different user status for header and activity.

Thanks!

Regards,

Thalos.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh

>

> I need different user status for header and activity.

>

>

why don't you consider status with numbers and status without numbers then control through authorization object with same status profile instead of adding complexity.

if you are not using header assigned network then I am not able to understand the logic behind having separate user status for network header and network activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User status profile is assigned to network type. So, i don't think you will be able to manage different profile for header and activity.

As rightly said by abdul that you can use same profile by using numbered and non-numbered statuses.

or

You can change status profile manually in activities at the time of creation. Use substituion rules.

Regards,

Harsh.

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh

Thanks for the reply!

I think that's a good option! This is what I'm gonna do. I will create a user status profile and assign it to the network type. This will make the network header have this user status profile. And regarding the activities, I will create special control for the different types of activities we have. And also one user status profile for each type of activity. And with a substitution I will complete the user status profile field based on the control key entered. That will work for us!

Thanks to everyone!

Regards!

Thalos.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thalos.

It is possible to have separate user status profile for network header and network activity. We need to select only network header or network activity in the object types in the status profile as per your requirement.

If you need to update the user status profile automatically to the network and activity at the time of creation you need to select both. If you need to update to any one element either to network header or to network activity, select required one and update the same profile to control key.

Hope the above give you an idea.

Regards,

Punith.