cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SAP installation with Oracle 10g

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have successfully installed Oracle 10g on Windows server 2008 R2 64bit. I can connect to the database using mysql or through command prompt and run SQL commands.

I started installing the SAP EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ("51038620_13 BS 7 SR1 Installation Master Windows Server on x64 64bit") The installation goes very smooth. I choose the SAPSID and the DBSID sid, but then it gives an error stating to install oracle and continue or stop the installation & install Oracle. I have tried on continuing the installation since Oracle is already installed but I get the same message again and again.

Does it have to do with ORACLE 10g Sid. My Oracle SID is set to "ORCL" should it be the same as DBSID (during SAP Installation). Or the Oracle needs to be installed after SAP installation gets to the point for Oracle Installation. Please assist what needs to be changed. I can reinstall Oracle if needed. Any tips or comments would be nice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Oracle DVD set you used? Did you downloaded 51036975 set and patched with sapserver.cmd, first? And followed the installation guide?

Additionally, download and patch latest sapinst.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Oracle sid need not to be as the SAP System SID. Make sure that you have set the environment variables for the oracle . Sapinst will look for the environment variables to check whether the oracle is installed. So, after setting up the environment variables, you can continue the installation. The environment variables to set is like this ORACLE_HOME and one is ORACLE_SID.

Regards,

Srini

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The Oracle sid need not to be as the SAP System SID. Make sure that you have set the environment variables for the oracle .

This is ususally done automatically by the script "sapserver.cmd" that makes all the required settings.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

Please follow the SAP EHP1 Netweaver installation guide for Windows and oracle thoroughly and you should not have these issues.

Also Database has to be installed using three character SID ,like ABC and you only need to install oracle software ,database will be created by SAP installation tool.Thanks

Rgds

Amit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Does it have to do with ORACLE 10g Sid. My Oracle SID is set to "ORCL" should it be the same as DBSID (during SAP Installation). Or the Oracle needs to be installed after SAP installation gets to the point for Oracle Installation.

You can't "change". You installed the Oracle software using "setup.exe" - which is wrong. You also created an example database - which is also not correct.

The Oracle software is installed, according to the installation guide, as

- start "sapserver.cmd" on the Oracle DVD (the SAP media)

- install the software according to the installation guide

- install the latest patchset

- install the latest PSU patch

--> and then start sapinst.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies. I am new to SAP installation and trying every possible way to get this environment up. It just has taken a long time. You are correct maybe I am not following the specific steps that are necessary for this installation.

Could you please guide me to a URL or any Info that relates to the kind of installation I am doing. Much thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find all the installation guides, under https://service.sap.com/instguides, regarding your requests. By the way, I assume that you are installing SAP ECC EhP5 on Windows. Then, you can find the installation steps in the document https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000749252010E

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik