cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 Service Unavailable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to deploy an application. The application, a JSP web module, consumes a web service. I have tried doing this on local dev, it works perfectly but when I transfer it to our dev track an error occurs. When I try to access it, it gives this error

Application cannot be started.

Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Application webserviceear cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource webserviceproxy with type application, which is not active on the server.

I have tried to deploy the dc for webserviceproxy then deployed the ear again but I still get the same error. I know that my web service is running because I can see and test it on wsnavigator. When I change my reference type to weak, I get compiling error instead. I don't have an access to our Visual Admin so I can't be sure what's the cause of the error.

What could be the solution to my problem? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This si a duplicate thread. I am already responding to this in your other thread. Please close this.

I got this problem a few times. The solution was to restart the system (on which deployment is required) and then check again.

But frankly, I've no idea why this is so or even if there is any other solution. Only, I've not found anything else yet. I raised a message with SAP about this long time back but they sent it back to us saying the applications in my case were from custom developments and so not supported by SAP.

Regards,

Shitij