cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Variant vs. Configurable Material Characteristics in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to be able to see the characteristics from a variant material in a sales order. I have activated the Configuration "Define Characteristics Display for Overview Screen" in Sales & Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents.

The additional "Configuration" tab was activated in the Sales Order Overview Screen, but the values from the Variant Material is not transfered into this new screen. However, if I use a Configurable Material, and fill the relevant Characteristics in the displayed Pop-Up, the characteristics are correctly transfered into this screen.

Is it possible to display the Variant Material Characteristics in the additional "Configuration" tab on the Sales Order Overview? What may be missing in my configuration?

Thanks.

Regards,

Nuno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you check that material in cu50.

Regards,

madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Looking at the post date which is in the past, may be, you have already figured out what was missing. Just in case if you have not - you haven't missed anything on the configuration side, but probably missed the selection of 'Characterisitc Display' option you have to choose on the sale order overview screen, under 'Configuration' tab page. once you select this from the drop down you will discover the new columns that have cstic name as column header (description) and their values added up among the columns.

Let me know what was your outcome.

Regards,

Nikhil.