cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI billing outputs are capturing credit memos as well as invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a newcomer to the company I am currently with, and to this forum, and I have 6 years of experience in EDI and SAP SD.

I am working on a project to determine why our EDI billing outputs are capturing credit memos as well as invoices, and attempting to send them by EDI, causing failures in our Seeburger translator. Most customers donu2019t want credit memos by EDI. My goal is to track backwards and determine what portion of the EDI process in SAP is pulling credit memos rather than just invoices. I suspect that someone intentionally made changes in the past to put this in place, but we need to have a message type that includes invoices and credit memos, to be attached to specific partners that want this, and another more standard message type that sends only invoices.

The message control for the example partner specifies Message Type ZURH (customized by this company for some reason), Application V3 (which seems standard), and process code SD09 (which seems standard). Could someone help me to navigate to an area where I may be able to find out what parameters are used to determine what transaction types are pulled to be sent out by EDI for billing? I suspect that the issue may be in Application V3, but I am unable to find any help to view u2018Applicationsu2019, because application is such a widely used word.

How can I display/change Application V3, in order to check itu2019s contents?

Any other ideas why credit memos may be included would be appreciated, and I always appreciate having the transaction codes mentioned as well.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Application V3 (what specifies what transaction type this pulls?)

Message Type ZURH,

Process Code SD09.

Access Sequence used is ZSD1 Billing Documents (Access Sequence ZSD1 does not appear in transaction V/48 (?))

Transmission Medium is 6 EDI.

The program is RSNASTED, and the FORM Routine is EDI_PROCESSING.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FIrst thing you want to do is to check if output condition records are maniatined for credit memos also.

Check the output types assigned to the credit memo billig types..

You can use t code NACE for checking almost everything related to outputs...

Check and let us know.

Regards,

SB

Edited by: Satish Bharambe on Jul 1, 2011 7:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I checked transaction VV33 u201CDisplay Output Condition Records: Billingu201D for Output Type ZURH, Key Combination Sales Org/Payer, and I find the example customer linked to ZURH, as I would expect (5010013645 BEST BUY CANADA Vendor #41448 PY 6 1).

I donu2019t see any data about specific transaction types such as credit memos or invoices, so I may not be looking in the right place. I donu2019t find entries under any other key combination. How would I check if Output Condition records are maintained for credit memos?

In regards to the output type being assigned to the credit memo billing type (ZG2U), Iu2019m afraid I donu2019t know how to check that either.

In NACE, I see that u2018Proceduresu2019 list the CTyp (?), and procedure US0001 is the only one that includes credits and debits. I donu2019t recognize the Ctyps ZDN0 and ZCN0. The billing type is ZG2U, which I don't see in any of the Procedures:

10 1 RD00 Invoice

20 2 ZPRO Proforma Invoice

30 1 ZCAN Canadian Cust. Inv

40 1 ZCOM Commercial Invoice

50 1 ZDN0 Debit Note

60 1 ZCN0 Credit Note

How would I be able tell which u2018Procedureu2019 is being used for Application V3, and how would I change that to another Procedure for testing?