cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Import Abap phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am installing ECC6 SR3 in one of the test systems (Windows 2008 R2, 3GB RAM, Core2Duo) . I used 3 R3loads for import Abap. My problem is, out of the total 28 tasks, 27 have finished successfully but SAPAPPL2 is causing problem. Generally R3load will take around 750MB of RAM each during import. All the tasks have finished with this memory. However, as soon as the R3load starts processing SAPAPPL2 task, the RAM consumption by it increases dramatically to 100%, meaning it eats up all the RAM, leaving oracle with less than 3MB to perfrom!!! That is causing import to be too slow to be barely noticed. Can somebody tell me what is happening here?

I have tried increasing SGA for oracle and db writer process but no help. Even the oracle starts with around 250MB, as soon as R3load takes over, it just goes down.

I have tried with latest R3lload too. Nothing helps here. Did somebody see this before?

Thanks

Javed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Javed,

Can you please check the permissions and owner of /usr/sap/trans directory.

Also please take a complete OS restart and try again through sapinst.

I faced this problem and I did these above things and my problem was resolved.

Also provide the error log description.

Regards

Pranay

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

As above, please post the logs. But you seem to be using less than the minimum required specs so it is doubtfull it will be sucessfulll.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please paste the SAPAPPL2.log from the SAP INST Direcroty.

We can further analyze why it is getting error-ed out.

Thanks

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with SM, post installation log... but in my opinion, as we said above, probably is a ram problem...

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

3GB of RAM to install ERP system is very less. It is less than the minimum requirement mentioned in the installation guide. And it is normal behaviour. You should increase RAM.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to increase the system's virtual memory used for paging to compensate ram memory (min suggested ram is 4gb if i remember correctly)