cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Usage decision at every operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am stuck up in one scenario...According to the business process block of marble is prepared which is a semifinished good .....after this slabs are prepared from this block which also is a semifinished good with backflush on.....after this polished slab are prepared which is the finished product...

1) my problem is acc to client when blocks are cut into slabs they want to reject some slabs if neccessary(for e.g. if 20 slabs are cutted out of which 3 are damaged and 17 are good) in second operation for e.g (polishing from 17 slabs 2 are rejected and 15 are accepted). I have used inspection type 3 for semifinished but in inspection type 3 i cannot put any stock of rejected.....then how can i map this? Can i use inspection type 4 for this? if yes how?

Please suggest...

Regards,

Pawan Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why this isn't done in the confirmations in production. If you are using an 03 inspectoin lot try using a control key on the inspection step that allows/requires confirmation. Typically confirmations are usually done by production personnel at this stage, not QM people.

You can't use the 04 lot in a step wise process like you want to because the stock is not "attached" to the 04 lot until you do a GR on the order. Which you wouldn't do until you are all the way done the process.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have different routings for all the semifinished goods and seperate GRN then go ahead with inspection type 04.You can not control on material in inspection type 03.

steps to follow inspection type 04

1.assign inspection type 04 in material master QM view.

2.Assign Mics in routing that will be your QP

3.When you will do GRN system will create inspection lot & stock will come under Quality.

4.Here you can accept & reject partial Qty.

Regards,

Manoj