cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SAP DMS & SAP Archive Link both together

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DMS Experts,

I am little bit new to DMS and have very less idea about functionalities and capabilities of SAP DMS & Archive Link.

I have got few questions:

1. Is it possible to use both SAP DMS & SAP Archive link togther.

For example, there are certain objects like GRN, Invoice, Employee etc which are not supported in standard DMS.

However, they are supported in archive link.

But at the same time, there is requirement of setting and resetting of some statuses of the documents attached with PM notification or with PR / PO. This functionality is available with SAP DMS.

So I want to know, is it possible to use SAP archive link for few objects and SAP DMS for other objects.

2. In case of SAP archive link configuration, we need to define link between Object Type, Document type and content repository

in node "Edit Links" under "Basic Customizing" under "ArchiveLink".

Here we can not use all the content repository which we have created normally. But we can use only limited content repository ID.

How does system decides, which content repository id can be used.? Where can i define that.?

3. With SAP archive link, can i store my documents in the same content repository in which I am storing my all the documents with SAP DMS. I mean to say, both the SAP DMS & Archive link, can share the same content repository.

We are having a seperate content server and requirement is to store all the documents in content server only.

Would request you all to please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Mihir Popat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction OAC0 to define your content repository.Ensure that you select 'Archivelink' value for Document area field.Once done,this new repository will be populated in content repository ID field.Peruse note 595563 for details.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

..is it possible to use SAP archive link for few objects and SAP DMS for other objects...

Yes,you may use Archivelink for static documents that would be required purely for reference while DMS can be configured to handle documents that are more dynamic in nature (that require status change,version,revisions et-al)

..both the SAP DMS & Archive link, can share the same content repository.We are having a seperate content server and requirement is to store all the documents in content server only...

Yes,you may store DMS and Archivelink documents can reside on the same Content Server.Content repository is a logical area/partition,hence you may create one content repository for DMS and another for Archivelink(on the same Content Server).

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Can you please tell me from where can I configure the Content Repository ID for archive link.?

It is giving me a message that

"Entry XX does not exist in TOAAR (check entry)"

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Mihir Popat