Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting a default user at SICF Logon Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've created a simple service on SICF to generate a PDF from a smartform report. This is a generic service and I don't want to be asked for a user login. I've assigned a user on the service logon data on the development environment. But, when the service was transported to production environment I have to assigned an user again. The user and password was not transported by the change request applied on the production environment. I was forced to open the environment using SCC4 and assigned an user name and password.

Is it the only way to do this? I really have to open the production environment to do this? It was supposed to be transported by the change request?

Thank's in advance,

Nelson Bertolino

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on my past experiences, there're no ways to transport user & pass data in transport request. You need to open production system and insert logon data manually.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer.

I was affraid about it. I'll wait a little bit for any other information.

Thank you again,

Nelson Bertolino

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a security feature. There is no reason why the user used in the dev system should be the same in the production system.

It could also be possible to use a generic user in PRD and to use authentication on the PRD system.

The same logic is used for Web service configuration : you can transport the Design time configuration but you have to do manually (SOAMANAGER transaction) the run time configuration in every system.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Yes, I agree with Olivier. This is mentioned in Sap Standard Security Policy

0 Kudos

Olivier,

I understand this question, but I wanna use a service user (like ALEREMOTE, for instance). This user exists in all my environments with the same password. So, I thought I could use it and pass it by change request for other environemnts.

But it's ok. I noticed that the only way to do this is openning the environment and change. If there is no option, I'll do this way.

Thank you.

Nelson Bertolino

Former Member
0 Kudos

As it seens, there is no solution to my question. There are some security issues envolved.