SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption Difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in my final bill print, im getting the consumption difference, like:

Ex: 20.2.2010 ....reading 1085

20.06.2010....reading 1111

SO current consumption should display 26units.. but it shows 106, my previous is estimated, current reading is actual.

any body have clue? for what reason it might occur?

Thanks..

cheers.

20 REPLIES 20

vikrant_guptarya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it imply that the comsumption seen on the print document differs with the actual consumption as displayed in the MR result screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the consumtion is coming different in bill document, The possible reasons might be there is any transformer installed at the utility installation and the consumption may be multiplied by multiplication factor. Please check the consumption from EL31 transaction.

If the consumtion is coming different in print application form, you need to check the code of it.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ground rule - Meter reading difference does not equal to consumption.

If you have a multiplication factor at register level, then that will be considered too. Also, if we have CT / PT devices installed, the transformation ratio / billing ration will come into picture - applicable for electric industry. Similarly, if we have corrector device installed along with meter, then corrector will have influence on calculation of consumption - applicable for gas industry.

Double click on meter reading in EL31 transaction and check what is the consumption being calculated.

In program, you can use function module ISU_CONSUMPTION_DETERMINE where we need to pass consecutive meter readings (which belongs to same device), to get consumption value. In case of device replacement, you need to calculate consumption for old device and new device separately - which could be summed later to get consumption value.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your valuable info, in EL31 my consumptions shows 26 units. but in my print form it shows -106 units. this is for gas division. and DPC also enabled.

and this is triggering only for one customer, not all.

any clue..

Thanks & cheers,,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Request you to check or rather investigate from bill document / print document, how print program is calculating 106 units. May be it is considering unnecessary line types to calculate consumption. If you identify how 106 units being calculated, then you know where the problem is :). All the best!

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Nirmalya,

Can you tell little bit more about as you mentioned multiplication factor...

and any other clues?

cheers.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let us know what is the previous MR result of 20.02 ?

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Hi ,

These are the MR readings:

MR date RR MA MT RS MR rec.

20.06.2011 01 01 7 1,111

20.02.2011 01 03 7 1,085

20.12.2010 01 Z1 7 1,052

20.10.2010 01 03 7 966

20.08.2010 01 03 7 944

20.06.2010 01 03 7 922

20.04.2010 01 03 7 900

20.02.2010 01 03 7 878

20.12.2009 01 Z1 7 855

20.10.2009 01 03 7 862

20.08.2009 01 Z1 7 840

20.02.2009 01 03 7 764

20.12.2008 01 01 7 735

27.11.2008 06 X 01 7 722

In the bill print it should show 1111-1085 =26 but its showing -106 as current consumption.

in el 31 the actual consumption shows 26 only.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Since, it is gas installation, do have any other device installed along with it? Corrector / check meter? Is it dependent on temperature, calorific value, pressure?

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it the case that you have implemented installation group for this customer?

Thanks,

S

0 Kudos

Hi Avinsah,

its depended on VCF (volume correction factor) not with temperature & calorific value,

and there is no other device installed.

my concern is its triggering only for one customer.

cheers..

0 Kudos

Hi born2bdahero.,

i didnt get you, could you please explain it?

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Installation group is a concept and there is a prime and one or more than one slave installations(for more details there is a cookbook on this, please refer to that)

Exchange of meter read may result this abnormality for your case.

If it is a part of installation group you may get a symbol just beside Device button at the top of installtion screen(ES32).

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Hi,

Additionally, can you check rate data for this device - VCF and other gas parameters at register level. (transaction EG71).

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hello,

The best solution is to find the root cause is to Debug the Form as it is getting triggered only for one Customer.

Because It might be taking other factors as mentioned by all into consideration to calculate this.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer p

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend you look at the billing document - on the conversions tab for the consumption line in question. In particular look at the units of measure and make sure they are what you expect, perhaps something got changed inadvertently. This tab will also show you all the steps used in the calculation of the consumption so you can walk through each.

Good luck

CN

0 Kudos

Hi CN,

I checked in the billing doc, under conversion tab, there it shows conversion quantity is 39 units,

and in the same bill doc, under doc overview line item IQUANT it shows 106 units.

and also in the bill doc under overview tab, the previous meter reading shows 1072 units. but my actual previous mr reading is 1085 units.

any clue on this..

Cheers..

0 Kudos

Couple of questions for you:

Is there only one IQUANT line in your billing doc? And if not, are you looking at the same line item in both the document overview and conversions tabs? You could have multiple line items for one MR if your price changes in the middle of the MR period. So just to make sure you're looking at same. You could also have multiple lines for the primary installation (meter) in an installation group. That could also be the source of the extra consumption but was pointed out previously so I'm assuming you aren't using groups.

Also, you mentioned that the previous MR was an estimate. Is your bill perhaps reversing out prior estimates and rebilling from the last actual MR? I'm not sure what that would look like in the billing document but I know you can configure that scenario. That may account for extra consumption.

CN

0 Kudos

Hi CN,

Thanks for your reply, in this case, i found that two rates determined for this installation. one is normal DPC rate another one is Credit rate, for both the rate time period is same. in this case its picking the credit rate, in credit rate they maintained Quant09 variant which means multiply/divide by factor, and factor maintained as -1 value, i observed that because of this rate its triggering, now i didn't understand that. whats the reason behind to pick credit rate, i mean, is there anything related with previous payments? why this customer picking credit rate? its a DPC enabled customer, can u tell what are the possible reasons to pick the credit rate?

Thanks & cheers.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally credit rate are introduced for concession purpose.

Overall it looks the problem is with the rate design.

Please check the executed rate line from the Logical Rate Step # and figure out before reaching the credit rate what is the line of execution.

You can also check whether the same scenario present in the previuos bill of the same customer and compare that with the current scenario.

Hope it will give some guidance for further analysis.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

S