cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum work process hold time exeeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

My user is running one Report painter report. He is getting the values in the report with out any issue. But after trying to filter the data, he is getting the error as "Maximum work process hold time exeeded".

And some times he is getting the same error while exporting the data to the local file from the report.

Is it because of SAP GUI version and patch level?

Kindly let us know.

Thanks & Regards

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

The parameter "rdisp/max_hold_time" will not solve the problem, in fact it can even hide the true root cause, I do not recommend increasing this parameter without a thorough analysis of the need.

In short, the process has exceeded the maximum time waiting for “actions” from the front end, this is usually related to slow/intermittent problems on your local network or the version of SAPGUI on the front end.

I recommend that you check with your network team its quality and performance, a simple test "ping -t" you can have a macro view of the response time and packet loss, also update the SAPGUI last version on the front end.

Good luck!

Ronaldo Ribeiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find this profile parameter in RZ11 and change this value in RZ10. But after changing this parameter value you need to restart the server for effect.

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This situation is occurred when a work processor is waiting for the GUI .when the hold time is longer than that is set in the param rdisp/max_hold_time and its a dynamic parameter so u can solve it by changing that parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

Thanks for your reponse.

Could you please give me some details of that technical step, where i have to set the time , where can i get that parameter ID etc...

Thanks In advance.

shankar