Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling faulty messages in PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

my interface is 3rd party app->PI->SAP.

i used proxy on sender side and on receiver side I used HTTP adapter.

Each time my PI will ping that application using the URL and get the batch xml file but if there is no data in the 3rd party application,how should i handle the faulty message.

the message if it fails to retreive the new bach,which is coming from the application is not in the xml format how can i handle the message

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

better to ask third party team to this kind of issues like if there is no data then ask them to send fault message in valid error format.

They can do it very easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar,

The third party application is sending proper error xml message that there is not data.

what should i do with this message.do i need to use the fault message type to hold this message but I need not send this to anyone or..Can I configure alerts so that PI users will understand.

Thanks,

Jay.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your sender is abap proxy and receiver is HTTP and the mode is synchronous.

>what should i do with this message.do i need to use the fault message type to hold this message but I need not send this to >anyone or..Can I configure alerts so that PI users will understand

Yes you can pass the fault mesg from reciever(third party) to sender (proxy). That woud be helpful.

If the receiver (third party) is sending fault message as response then create fault message on the sender side and map the response of third party to sender side (proxy) proxy message. So that proxy will interpret that message as fault message.

Basically you will have request, response and fault messages for both sender interface (proxy ) and reciver interface (third party http). As you know, Fault messages are useful to provide meaningful application errors.

Refer this [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/5946db5f693912e10000000a42189b/content.htm] for constructing fault message structure.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> my interface is 3rd party app->PI->SAP.

> Each time my PI will ping that application using the URL and get the batch xml file

> i used proxy on sender side and on receiver side I used HTTP adapter.

>

>

If your sender is proxy, assume this would be a Java proxy as your sender is a third party application. In this case, PI will not ping the application as proxy is a push protocol, wherein the data is pushed to the PI Integration Engine pipeline by the application.

Regarding the fault message, as already mentioned by Raja Sekhar Reddy above, ask the sending application to send the fault message in xml format.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

my sender is SAP system and receiver is 3rd party application