cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Change the Directories of files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am uploading the files from a folder to the SAP Directories.After successfull upload i want to remove the file from the folder and save it in some other folder .

Need help on how to change move a file from one folder to another using webdynpro abap .

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas Jung

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you talking about files/directories on the client side or on the ABAP application server filesystem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Need to create a file dynamically on the local system(PC) under a backup folder and save the data under this file.

I need help on the Moving a file from one folder to the other in the local system.

Edited by: sap17divesh on Jul 4, 2011 6:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is on the local PC, try with the class - CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES, this has methods that could help you achieve what you are looking for.

Regards,

Chen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> If it is on the local PC, try with the class - CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES, this has methods that could help you achieve what you are looking for.

>

> Regards,

> Chen

Except this is very poor adivice when you are talking about Web Dynpro ABAP since this class only works within SAPGUI based applications.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have to understand that there are certain limitations when working with a web browser. For security reasons web sites aren't allowed direct access to your frontend. You could imagine the nightmare if hackers had such access. Web Dynpro lives in the browser and is subject to its limitations.

There are the fileUpload and fileDownload UI elements. They use the HTML based mechanisms for upload and dowload of files. For security reasons there are no silent uploads or downloads and only one file at a time. Plus the user must manually select the file. No folder manipulation.

If you are on 7.01 or higher you could try the ACFUpDownload or ACFExecute UI elements. These use signed Java Applets to get around some restrictions. You cna do silnent multiple file operations. You could also use ACFExecute to run a batch script to manipulate folders on the client side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i am using the method FILE_COPY of this class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES to copy a file in R/3 report it is working fine but i need to use this in webdynpro , In webdynpro it is giving me Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP17DIVESH,

My Bad, I am not even sure on how i came to Web Dynpro Forum, i am usually on ABAP Development, hence the suggestion of using clgui.

@Thomas - You're right, i stand corrected.

Regards,

Chen