cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a standalone 2004s BI Portal (BI-JAVA) use same DB as BI-ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a sizing exercise.Can anyone help? (we use Oracle as RSDBM)

Say we upgrade BW3.1C to nw2004s BI-ABAP and then install the BI-JAVA part as a standalone instance (not add-on) does the BI-JABA(Portal) use the same database as the ABAP instance by default and is this the Best Practice?

If you actually install a seperate DB for the BI-JAVA instance is the 125% CPU and memory post-upgrade usage estimate still valid? I would have though that installing another database will lead to even higher resourse usage.

Thanks!

Adriaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can install all your components ( BIAS ABAP, and BIEP+AS Java ) on the same server, in the same DB ( with two different schema owners ).

However, you can choice to install your ABAP stack on one server with one DB, and the Java stack on an other server with an other DB ( homogenous systems recommanded ).

An SAP architect told me last month to prefer the doublestack architecture in case of batch printing of high volume, and the seperated stack architecture when the portal is to be used with other SAP landscapes.

You must consider some others criterias for your architecture such as administration costs, hardware costs, backup/restore...

For the sizing, we need 6400 SAPS of CPU and 8GO RAM for the ABAP stack, and 500 SAPS of CPU and 4Go RAM for the Java stack if it could help you... If you want to run a doublestack configuration, you need 6900 SAPS of CPU and 12 Go for RAM...

Regards,

Seb.

Answers (0)