cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for dbm.log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

on http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/07/5e4944b43411d2a9d7006094b92fad/content.htm I read that all inputs made via dbmgui can be shown in file dbm.log, which should be located in RUN_DIRECTORY.

Rundirectory is located in /sapdb/data/wrk/SID, but there I do not find dbm.log. There are dbm.cfg, dbm.ins, dbm.knl and so on, but no dbm.log.

Is it necessary to activate a paramter to get this log? Or do I need a special maxdb version?

I would like to see the history of commands done via DBMGUI to know the correspondig dbmcli commands.

Regards,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. The dbm.prt is the database manager log file. All DBM commands will be written to this file.

2. What is the version of your database?

What is the version of the DBMGUI you are using?

3. Please see the MAXDB library at http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_6/default.htm

Tools -> Database Manager GUI

4. See documents at http://maxdb.sap.com/training/

< review "Using SAP MaxDB Database Manager (in SAP and Non-SAP Environments)" >

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia,

I'm working with different maxdb versions, but for example I take MaxDB version 7.6.04 with DBMGUI 7.6.06.04.

In file dbm.prt I only see that commands are executed but not which one.

Example from dbm.prt:

2011-07-04 00:52:17 0x00005be4 INF        421 DBMSrv   Command 'user_response ...' was executed since 2011-07-04 00:52:17.
2011-07-04 00:52:17 0x00005be4 ERR     -24580 DBMSrv   ERR_COMMAND_FAILED: Command 'user_response' has ended and failed with return code -24950.
                    0x00005be4 ERR     -24950 DBMSrv   ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed
2011-07-04 00:52:17 0x00005be4 INF        226 DBMSrv   DBM Server client disconnected: PID 23519 on computer <hostname>
2011-07-04 00:52:17 0x00005bef INF        216 DBMSrv   DBM Server client connection (established at 2011-07-04 00:52:17): PID 23530 on computer <hostname>

I will have a look into the links too, but I think, there is a need to change a parameter to log this?!

Regards,

Julia

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

may be you are looking for the console view of the DBMGUI - open it via Menu "Instance" -> "Show Console". It will log all commands executed in an extra window. There is no such file like a dbm.log - the material seems a bit outdated here. The log file of the DBM is dbm.prt and you should see there commands like 'db_offline' and such. All others are shown in the console. The console view content can then also be stored to files.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen,

that's it! Thank you for your help, this answered my question.

Regards,

Julia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Database manager configuration parameters are stored in a file named db2systm. This file is created when the instance of the database manager is created. In Linux and UNIX environments, this file can be found in the sqllib subdirectory for the instance of the database manager. In Windows, the default location of this file varies from edition to edition of the Windows family of operating systems; to verify the default directory on Windows, check the setting of the DB2INSTPROF registry variable using the command DB2SET DB2INSTPROF. You can also change the default instance directory by changing the DB2INSTPROF registry variable. If the DB2INSTPROF variable is set, the file is in the instance subdirectory of the directory specified by the DB2INSTPROF variable.

Regards

Nagaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagaraju,

we're using MAXDB. I think this DIAGLEVEL is for DB2 database?!

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check DIAGLEVEL parameter value (should not be 0)

Also make sure , you have space in the drive.

Regards

Nagaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

where do I find this parameter DIAGLEVEL?

With command "param_getvalue DIAG" I just get the following parameters:

_KERNELDIAGFILE

KERNELDIAGSIZE

DIAG_HISTORY_NUM

DIAG_HISTORY_PATH

DIAGSEM

Regards,

Julia