cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request transport in PRD SERVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a request which is to be transported in my PRODUCTION server but when i display the request in SE01 i have 1 main request and 2 sub-requests now i WHEN I want to transport the request i want that only the first subrequest to be included and should be transported and i dont want to include the second request for transport . Can someone tell me how to do it. ?

Edited by: abhishek40958 on Jul 1, 2011 9:19 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you create a new transportable request and include your objects in it?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Orkun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai...

for smooth operation it is not recommended, it can be done by deleting the objects in side the second request, but there may be chance of being locking of request. for these better create a another new request of that object.

KHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure I understood you correctly, let me paraphrase:

You have a transport request which contains two tasks. And you want that only one of the tasks is imported into your PRD system but not the other task? That is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you understood the my query correctly ...but that is exactly what is the requirement of the user i.e not to include one of the tasks ....i found 2 solutions to the problem ....

Not to release the Task B and release the Task A and then release the MAIN request and transport it.

(ii) Secondly create a TP COPY (transport of copies) and only include the objects of TASK A and create a new request via TP COPY and release the new request and transport it and to be on safer side i transported it on QUALITY server and it worked....not sure if the solution to the problem would have worked...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhi,

i faced the same problem yesterday, ur post really hlps me a lot in resolving the issue.

regards

BK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apply the steps, below;

-> Go to SE01

-> Create a new request (F6)

-> Select "Transport of copies"

-> Enter a "Short Description" and "Target"

-> Locate cursor on newly created request

-> Click on "Include Objects..." (Ctlr+F11)

-> Enter the request number into the box

-> Release the request

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik