cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Solution Manager 7.1: Error in phase INPUT_OS_USER_PWD (Prep. J2EE)

bjoern_tralls
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

an upgrade from solution manager 7.0 SPS25 to solution manager 7.1 on a windows server 2008 r2 installation with mssql server database stopps in phase INPUT_OS_USER_PWD with the following error in logfile NET_VALIDATE_USER_PASS__ISP_04.ERR

System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

The logfile INPUT_OS_USER_PWD_ISP_04.LOG shows a command which isn't applicable in that syntax manually:

net use it finishes without error. So it should not be a network/firewall etc. problem. The same happens when I replace the dot with the hostname. All commands can be executed on a windows server 2003 installation.

I found a similar SDN forum entry (), but the .jar and .class files mentioned there are replaced by other ones in the SOLMANUP subdirectories.

For my regular SAP message I did not get any replies. Can anyone advise how to continue with the upgrade in this situation?

Regards

Björn Tralls

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be the problem with password policy activated on the system. Please make sure that password policy is disable on the system.

Thanks

Sunny

bjoern_tralls
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

I do SAP upgrades on windows and linux servers for many years now but I am new to windows server 2008. So I'd like you to ask if you meant these settings with "disabling password policy".

Under Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Account Policies -> Password Policy the following settings are active now:

Enforce password history 0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age 0

Minimum password age 0 days

Minimum password length 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption Disabled

With this settings the behaviour doesn't change, the net use commmand with the '.' as domain does not finish successfully.

Do I have to change/check other windows settings?

Kind regards

Björn

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this local installation or domain installation ?

Thanks

Sunny

bjoern_tralls
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

it is a local installation. I only replaced the dot by the hostname in the net use command for test purposes. The server belongs to workgroup 'WORKGROUP'.

Kind regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bjoern,

Did you ever find a work around to this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had the same error. The problem is the command NET USE can not work with parameter user:./SAPServiceSID, but it must be user:hostname/SAPServiceSID. The problem occures only when the system is installed outside the domain.

To correct the problem I edited SharedInputCatalog.xml in dir std\data. Search for NTServiceUserName and replace ./SAPServiceSID by hostname/SAPServiceSID. Afterwards stop upgrade process (DSUService.bat) and start it again. The phase should finish sucessfully now.

bjoern_tralls
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the workaround provided here did exactly solve the error in my upgrade!

Regards

Björn Tralls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jiri and Bjorn, this fixed it.