Guide the procedure

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can refer SAP note 592418 - Composite SAP note: Transport of code groups and codes.

But I do not recommend a modification because the system does not generate request for that in the production system.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

We are huge mass production steel business and every day we create new grade of steel and we n numer of interfaces so we have so much stream proces for production move only 1 time so business requirement.

Is any implication

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

In my opinion codes and code groups creation is not a daily activity as these are referred as masters. As and when required you add it but not as per the frequency as it becomes your daily transaction.

Even though you can stop request generation by opening production client with basis help or perhaps by the note Luke suggested, I would strongly not recommend that.

I agree with Luke.

Letu2019s think why the production client is generally kept as non modifiable for QS41 and QSS51. I arrive at following conclusions.

1. This mechanism allows you step by step transports of codes from DEV to QAS and then to PRD.

2. This helps you to keep all your 3 servers in synchronisation with each other which is considered as best SAP practice.

3. Letu2019s assume that, we have removed these restrictions of requests creation in DEV. Ultimately you will start creating these records directly in production server. Effect is you have created master data that is available in production but not in test server. In future you will not be able to carry out testing in the want of masters in DEV.

I would advise to gather all codes (wait for 2-3 days if the data collection is huge if in case you are rolling out a new plant) and then transport them all in a single request to PRD.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Creating catalog codes & selected sets is a part of configuration. System will generate request which u need to transport from DEV to QA to PRD.

What is the problem in generating the request nos?

Sachin