Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch split not happening during delivery

randhir_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have enough of stock for a material with different batches (with different expiry dates). When I create an order for qty 100, system confirms it on a certain date taking 1st batch nearest to expiry date, as per the search startegy set in the cponfiguration.Please note here that the batch that system picks has got only 50 qty in stock, but it shows whole 100 qty against it. Probably because Batch split is not possible during sales order creation, hence system showing whole qty against one batch.

Now, when I try to create delivery, it shows only 50 qty of the same batch in delivery document. I select the line item and go to the "Batch split" tab to effect batch split, but system does not allow. It says "Batch already specified for material".Here is the detail for your analysis-

Batch in item 000010 already specified for material 2000978

Message no. VL221

Diagnosis

The batch was either predefined in the sales order that the delivery is based on or it was assigned to the delivery item manually. Therefore, you can no longer carry out a batch split for the delivery quantity of the items.

Procedure

In order to make the batch split possible, you can cancel the assignment of the delivery item to the batch, if the delivery's processing status allows.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance,

Randhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably because Batch split is not possible during sales order creation, hence system showing whole qty against one batch.

This is correct. By standard, batch split is NOT possible in sales order.

To resolve the issue, remove the batch assigned in the sales order and do the batch determination in delivery. In delivery, the system can do the batch split.

Regards,

randhir_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mr. Shiv Ram

Can you please specify where exactly do the settings as mentioned by you.?How do I de-activate batch assigned at sales order?

Regards,

Randhir

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try switching off 'Automatic batch determination' in sales item category (VOV7).

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

randhir_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. P Gomatheeswaran,

Now batch is not being determined during sales order creation, that's fine.While creating delivery,when I select line item and go to Batch split tab I can see batches being split in two, which is OK. But when I try to put Picking quantity as delivery qty, system says "Picked quantity is larger than the qty to be delivered".(Message no. VL019).

Also Storage location field is grayed out.

Regards,

Randhir

sumant_ku_giri
Explorer
0 Kudos

When you are determining Batch at delivery level then it will split at Delivery Level only. Instead of Delivery if you will try to see the Batch split in Sales Order system will not show the exact split result. So, please check at Delivery level.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate your intention to help the SCN members but at the same time, please see that you respond to a latest discussion and not to an old one like this.

Answers (0)