cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Progress Catch-up Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS Friends,

I would like to know if any of you have worked on Project Progress Catch-up Plan.

Basically, it is the third dashed-curve which comes in a project progress graph of plan vs actual to cover u2013up the delay.

Below is an example to explain this.

M3 being the current month.

Months	M1	M2	*M3*	M4	M5	M6	M7	M8	M9
Plan PoC	0%	12%	20%	35%	42%	52%	60%	72%	90%
Actual PoC	2%	7%	12%						
Catch-up			12%	18%	24%	40%	52%	72%

If yes, please let me know and also how we can implement in SAP PS.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Aparna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

try reduction startegy and check if that helps you.

vengaiah

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check the SAP help for Project Progress analysis especially for the following..

EAC.

SV.

CV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Abdul. But we are already using Project Progress Analysis so, we are already getting the planned and actual curves.

And we are using only the Scheduling and PoC functionalities , not the cost part.

So EAC will not be helpful.

The requirement is:

1. How can we store/ calculate the PoC in the form of the third curve of catch-up?

2. How can this be included in CNE1 calculation?

Regards,

Aparna

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>1. How can we store/ calculate the PoC in the form of the third curve of catch-up?

If you could explain what are the catch-up plan you are thinking of, then may be we could advise some work around.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try using forecast dates.

then create progress version that uses the forecast dates as basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

We are using the planned dates and actual dates spread over duration to calculate the monthly PoC.

Now, if there is a delay i.e. there is a variance between planned and actual, then we need to reschedule or u2018crashu2019 the project .

This in turn will give us a new planning curve that would need to be followed in order to make up for the delay.

But the problem is that if we reschedule, the original plan is overwritten and hence, the u2018baselineu2019 vanishes.

So the requirement is that in CNE1 , we should be able to calculate three set of dates u2013 original planned PoC ,actual Poc till date, rescheduled PoC.

Given that progress version supports only two set of dates, is there any way to achieve this ?

Regards,

Aparna

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt whether your requirement can be met through project progress..

SAP Help clearly mentioned that the basis for EVA is BCWS, BCWP and ACWP, where as in your case there is no cost.. so none of this curve will work.

I think Better to go for a Z development of your own EVA method based only on the date.